• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Today Show

Just out of curiosity, I know the 4th hour Today show is live from Mon-Thu and Tape on Friday. Hoda Kotb does both the Today first 2 hours and the 4th hour. How does Hoda do both 4th hour of Today and the west coast edition of Today show at the same time? The 4th hour of Today starts at 10am Eastern while it's the same time as the West Coast Edition of Today show at 7am PST/10am EST.

Just out of curiosity, I know the 4th hour Today show is live from Mon-Thu and Tape on Friday. Hoda Kotb does both the Today first 2 hours and the 4th hour. How does Hoda do both 4th hour of Today and the west coast edition of Today show at the same time? The 4th hour of Today starts at 10am Eastern while it's the same time as the West Coast Edition of Today show at 7am PST/10am EST.
I think the today show is all the same show so it's probably live in the east coast but delayed in other parts of the country as it's on tape delay. I know that it says Live but when a breaking news story happens I notice that it cuts them out in the middle of the broadcast and goes to the Live feed of the breaking news as the today show is just a morning News program that doesn't have to be live in every time zone even though it says it's Live when it's really not live.

Barring breaking news or a special news event, I believe the "Today Show" is live only in the Eastern time zone and tape-delayed anywhere between one hour (in the Central time zone) to six hours (Hawaii during that part of the year when the mainland is on Daylight Time; a five hour delay otherwise), so it always is broadcast from 7 to 11 A.M. local time.

Warner Wolf's "Let's go to the videotape!" sounds much better than "Let's go to the server!" I would expect the server to walk onto the set and bring him a beer. :ROFLMAO:
When I was working for one of the home shopping networks, they still internally, and to order taking staff, referred to an encore show as a "taped show" even without an inch of videotape anywhere on the premesis

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom