• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The SEC on XM

PaulO

Inactive
Inactive User
XM will carry the SEC with the exception of South Carrolina and Florida starting with the SEC Tourniment on Thursday. I think they'll start carrying the games of South Carolina and Florida next year.

I assume this has been in the works long before the merger announcement. If the merger moves along in a timely manner could we possibly see some intigration of programming before the completion of the merger?

Announcement is a little misleading. Some of the other SEC schools are not available to XM - Alabama and Auburn for sure. They already have arrangments with Sirius.

llokey said:
Announcement is a little misleading. Some of the other SEC schools are not available to XM - Alabama and Auburn for sure. They already have arrangments with Sirius.

From what I read, the lone 2 schools not available come football season will be Florida (not available until 2009) and South Carolina (2008)...

As a Bulldogs fan living on the West Coast, I can't wait to hear Larry munson on the broadcasts again.

Try google news with "xm sec alabama" and you will see many articles which explain that LSU, Vanderbilt, Alabama and Auburn have contracts with Sirius. That is why I said the original post was misleading.

[/quote]

From what I read, the lone 2 schools not available come football season will be Florida (not available until 2009) and South Carolina (2008)...

As a Bulldogs fan living on the West Coast, I can't wait to hear Larry munson on the broadcasts again.

[/quote]

Hopefully when the merger is finalized in the next few years, we'll finally get to hear the home broadcasts of the Pac 10 and Big 10 teams we couldn't get previously (Southern Cal, UCLA, Michigan, Ohio State). And adding the SEC will be a big plus to XM. Now if they could get a deal with the Big 12, I believe all the big BCS conferences will be represented.

JoeMorris said:
Hopefully when the merger is finalized in the next few years, we'll finally get to hear the home broadcasts of the Pac 10 and Big 10 teams we couldn't get previously (Southern Cal, UCLA, Michigan, Ohio State). And adding the SEC will be a big plus to XM. Now if they could get a deal with the Big 12, I believe all the big BCS conferences will be represented.

That would be tremendous. I'd imagine offering that many college teams and broadcasting would do wonders for the subscriber numbers for the new merged entity.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom