• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The New 96.5 Slow Jams

96.5 is starting slow jam Sunday nights starting at 8pm. Hosted by Randy Williams. I’m interested in that mix, does anyone listen to that syndicated show anywhere else in the country?

Attachments

• IMG_5037.jpeg
    IMG_5037.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 38
96.5 is starting slow jam Sunday nights starting at 8pm. Hosted by Randy Williams. I’m interested in that mix, does anyone listen to that syndicated show anywhere else in the country?
I’ve listened to it for years, back when there was only one version that was largely syndicated to rhythmic CHR. Since R. Dub’s appearance on Shark Tank a few years back, it’s gained more affiliates, and has expanded to include an ‘old school R&B’ version and a more pop version that will likely be aired on TDY.

The show itself began in the mid-to-late 90s, and has been syndicated for the better part of two decades now.

We carry it on the Laramie, WY station I'm on, Sundays 8 to midnight.. have for about 4 years now.. its the only syndicated show we carry on an otherwise entirely locally programmed station

What's the benefit of doing this? (And on Sunday nights, no less.) In 2024, what's the anticipated ROI?

What's the benefit of doing this? (And on Sunday nights, no less.) In 2024, what's the anticipated ROI?

Appointment listening, a special show.... something that might not fit your format full time but is worthy of SOME airtime. The WY station i'm on is a very broad AC variety format.

I'd even run it on my non comm if there was a non comm version of it available, but there isnt.

The show is very listener interactive and intensive.

Syndicated so low cost and as Sunday was (still is?) the biggest night of the week for tv viewing I’d assume it’s one of the lowest listened nights in radio. This gives people a reason to tune in that otherwise wouldn’t exist.

Back
Top Bottom