• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The ideal adult standards format

Someone commented that the list in my first post was "complete" but thanks to numerous suggestions of places to hear standards online, I have a lot more songs listed. I'm wondering where a good place to store this list would be. We can't edit our posts after a certain length of time but wherever I put this list, I'd want to be able to continue to update it.

I guess it's too much to expect in this day and age that even residents of communities for the elderly will be guaranteed to like this, since many of them are even willing to listen to what are called "oldies".

Vchimp, I like your playlist. I like your mixture of standards and soft AC. Up here in the Seattle area, I listen to KIXI AM simulcasted on FM 106.9 HD3. KIXI tosses in doo-wop style oldies, which I do not like but I tolerate in order to hear the songs I do like.

Vchimp, I like your playlist. I like your mixture of standards and soft AC. Up here in the Seattle area, I listen to KIXI AM simulcasted on FM 106.9 HD3. KIXI tosses in doo-wop style oldies, which I do not like but I tolerate in order to hear the songs I do like.
I have a much larger playlist now and I'm not sure where to post it. There were many songs I had left out because I forgot, and many more I heard on online radio stations, all of which have their problems. WHVN in Charlotte NC hasn't given up their format yet though it's not online.

WERT has a lot of rock and roll oldies and plays a number of country songs that I wouldn't have considered to be crossover. I've heard some really strange stuff from the 80s too. But overall, it plays more standards than a lot of the online stations.

They'll go on another site. I also discovered two of my artists are out of order.
More artists out of order, and more songs I left out. The number of times I keep having to add to the list reminds me
I'm going back and adding them to the list and I'll post it somewhere else eventually.
and I have done it on the list I will eventually post elsewhere. I can't edit my list here.
I'm wondering where a good place to store this list would be. I can't edit my posts after a certain length of time but wherever I put this list, I'd want to be able to continue to update it.
have a much larger playlist now and I'm not sure where to post it.
I can't edit them but there are many more songs now and I have the list somewhere but haven't figured out how to post it.

Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

Upload it as a text file (ASCII; no strange encodings or proprietary formats like .doc/.docx). If you need to update you can always go back and overwrite it. Alternatively you can just copy and paste its contents to the description page if you want, to make it immediately visible without having to do all that. You will still have to upload a file of some sort (just grab a small JPEG from Wikipedia if you have nothing else, and use it) so it will it generate a page. No reason at all why you can't.

Now will you quit the self-pity? We get it; you're mad with yourself because you can't be motivated to do three minutes of research and find out your options. You DO [know that you] have options, you just choose not to use them/make empty excuses convincing yourself that you can't use them. Bollocks. Now can the excuses and go do it.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom