• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

THE CW picks up 3 new affiliates

Multiple sources like newsblues.com, KELOLAND tv and WMBB.com are reporting that the CW will be moving to nexstar sub channels January 1. In Panama City its moving from Grays WJHG dt-2 to Nexstar's WMBB dt-2. In Sioux Falls its moving to Nexstars 11.4 from Grays KSFY 13.2. My question involves Grand Rapids. Their is no mention on the main Nexstar WOOD tv web site about the CW moving to a sub channel. But I have seen something that their sister ABC affiliate will be going CW leaving ABC to WZZM for the whole market.

WOTV 41.2 will be the new home for The CW Dabal is being dropped on Jan 1. CW7 is being rebranded ARC West Michigan and going indie after Dec 31 saw promos for it watching CW7 late Sun/Early Mon. Explains why channel 6 became Dabal as that was blank for about 9 years on Charter Spectrum in Kazoo I think it was one of the home shopping channels QVC or HSN 2 or 3 weeks ago. That was a hint that The CW was moving to Nexstar I don't get why they didn't just use WXSP as The CW.

I wonder if CW will move to KUSI in San Diego. DirecTV stream recently added independent station 51 (also Nexstar) to their lineup and it might be because of this.

Multiple sources like newsblues.com, KELOLAND tv and WMBB.com are reporting that the CW will be moving to nexstar sub channels January 1. In Panama City its moving from Grays WJHG dt-2 to Nexstar's WMBB dt-2. In Sioux Falls its moving to Nexstars 11.4 from Grays KSFY 13.2. My question involves Grand Rapids. Their is no mention on the main Nexstar WOOD tv web site about the CW moving to a sub channel. But I have seen something that their sister ABC affiliate will be going CW leaving ABC to WZZM for the whole market.
ABC will be staying where they are at in Grand Rapids. CW will be on 41.2. (Currently Dabl).

which I posted a week ago in the post RIGHT BELOW the one you quoted :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No need to be a jerk.. 😡 He apparently didn’t get the message and I apologize for not referencing the post but that doesn’t excuse you for the rolling eyes emojis.

Last edited:
Read the part of your post I've quoted in bold & you have my take

I wonder if CW will move to KUSI in San Diego. DirecTV stream recently added independent station 51 (also Nexstar) to their lineup and it might be because of this.
Umm....Unless I'm missing something, they've already done this as that was the whole reason for buying KUSI in the first place

They might still need KFMB 8.2 to carry the network in areas where KUSI can't reach RF wise but that could be akin to West Michigan in reverse too

Umm....Unless I'm missing something, they've already done this as that was the whole reason for buying KUSI in the first place
You are, of course, missing the part where this has not happened.

Might be worth verifying before posting in the future.

- Trip

You are, of course, missing the part where this has not happened.

Might be worth verifying before posting in the future.

- Trip
Yes, I can pick up KUSI and so far there is no mention of CW or any programming changes.

Another clue is that Spectrum sent a notice saying that KUSI will be dropped from their lineups in Temecula and Murrieta early next year. This could be due to the fact they are adding CW and that will conflict with KTLA and/or their translator in that area is going dark.

KUSI is not adding The CW until KFMB-DT2's contract with The CW expires in 2026.

Back
Top Bottom