• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Clock is Ticking At Free FM... Any Idea what They could flip it to?

S

SDWeekender

The FM Talk format looks like a disaster.
Any ideas about what CBS could flip the station to?

If that were the case case, I'd say Oldies, because it is the only (sorta) gap in the market.

Uhm, but just because they cancel a few shows here and there, does not amount to hard evidence of a switch.
And, I'm not convinced that they'd do better with any other formats than what they have. If Oldies is the choice, there's really nothing much to go to. They could try Classic Rock again, I suppose...

Absent of any hard evidence of an impending switch, I predict they stay with FM talk.

I heard they were going to convert it to a radio station, but they could not find anyone at CBS who knows anything about radio, so they gave up that idea.

How about Christian music? It's puzzling that a major market like San Diego doesn't have a Christian music station that covers the whole market, instead of a rimshot out of Julian.

I think the right combination of Oldies and Classic Rock would work. There's a vault load of great songs that the other stations aren't playing. They couldn't do any worse!

How about classical? Wasn't KFSD placing in the top 10 before its demise? Doesn't the demographic data for classical listeners mean anything to advertisers? I don't get it at all, the prime market seems to be teens who have very little money, but older listeners, who generally have much more money, seem to be rather ignored. It doesn't make any sense.

Teen spending has grown. A recent study says:

Nonetheless, with estimated spending power of $153 billion in 2006, teenagers present a vast marketing opportunity that is multifaceted and touches on many products and services. To successfully target teen consumers, manufacturers and marketers need to be aware of demographic changes in the teen population. The proportion of white teens is yielding to increasing numbers of Hispanics and Asians. This is a phenomenon that could have repercussions for teens’ cultural attitudes, including how they spend and save their money.

http://www.marketresearch.com/product/display.asp?productid=1353518&xs=r

HEY GUYS?

The thread is about format options for 103.7, not a debate on religion and politics. We can discuss both those topics as they relate San Diego radio in another thread, or even another board. But for now, we can get back on topic please?

I'd like to know if anyone thinks CBS might try Oldies on 103.7, or a Movin format to compete with Magic. Or how about a simulcast of KNX? Maybe even a full time News station since San Diego doesn't have that right now? Can we discuss that please?

Great, now back to business...

I expect CBS to stick with 103.7 as an FM talker, althought I would not at all be suprised to see them re-image them with a different name. There is simply nothing else for them to go to, unless they attempt Oldies, and I don't see that happening.

Is there anybody who works at 103.7 who would like to jump in on this? (hint).

Managing Board Editor said:

But you have still kept the attack against Christians on the forum! If sdwulfdawg had said, "Seeing how the kikes are really not being liked these days..." would have kept it on the forum or deleted it? I don't think we have to think too long to know that an attack on any religion other than Christianity would have been deleted. So do the right thing: delete that and then delete this post and we'll be on with our business until such time as another improper attack takes place.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom