• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Buzz

T

tunchwoman

If anybody can name an alternative outlet that sounds worse than 103.1, I would love to hear it. That station has the absolute worst DJ's and playlist in radio. How it remains on the air with no numbers amazes me. Time to AMP up the Palm Beaches, CBS.

While I would love to hear a much-needed CHR competitor for Wild, I would rather it be on a different frequency than 103.1. Here are my reasons:
1. 103.1's signal is a monster, but remember, its tower is in Indiantown. Reception of the Buzz is weak in southern Palm Beach County. Hence the billboard promoting the Buzz in Boca.
2. I like the Buzz's music selection, particularly the 90s Gold that is in seemingly heavy rotation.

I agree. Although Wild's signal is somewhat a weak frequency in Boca as well. It's almost like the Buzz has taken a shift towards classic alt.

Wild's signal is probably worse in Boca than the Buzz's. It is amazing how both Wild and the Buzz can be heard in some of the Orlando suburbs, yet their south Palm Beach County signals are awful.

I'm from Cleveland and I have to add that the production/imaging for this station is also atrocious. I drove through Florida a few years ago and I will always remember 103.1 The Buzz for the shitty production...BUT, maybe that's their gimmic. Hell, it worked...kinda.

That is definitely part of their production. Many of their voiceovers, which are spoken in British English, are faded by faux static. Perhaps they use these in order to sound more authentic as an Alternative Rocker?

Bottom line is their production sucks, imaging sucks, playlist sucks, talent sucks, numbers sucks....There isn't one thing good about this station...How are they still on the air and why hasn't CBS flipped to something else?

Tunchwoman, I agree with you about the production and imaging. But the jocks are not bad; at least the station HAS jocks. In addition, I love the '90s classics. Many of these songs cannot be heard anywhere else on the dial. It seems like the AMP format is being used only in CBS's biggest markets. I don't think they care enough about West Palm Beach to spend that kind of money here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom