• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The '70s on ABC radio formats....

L

LC

So--the Saturday '70s Show on ABC AC, huh? Well, I know that ABC Oldies Radio broadcasts music from the '60s and '70s--does that format also reserve a certain time for the '70s? If so, let me know....

> So--the Saturday '70s Show on ABC AC, huh? Well, I know
> that ABC Oldies Radio broadcasts music from the '60s and
> '70s--does that format also reserve a certain time for the
> '70s? If so, let me know....
>

Is this something new? Where did you hear about it?

> > So--the Saturday '70s Show on ABC AC, huh? Well, I know
> > that ABC Oldies Radio broadcasts music from the '60s and
> > '70s--does that format also reserve a certain time for the
>
> > '70s? If so, let me know....
> >
>
> Is this something new? Where did you hear about it?
>

I work at an Oldies Radio affiliate and the only program they carry that is specifically geared toward a certain era is "Crusin' USA" on Sunday mornings from 6a-11a ET, which plays primarily oldies from the 50s and early 60s. I say primarily because the songs during the local break options almost never fit with the program (most of Oldies Radio time fill records are from the 70s). That particular program is hosted by a phenominal jock, Maria Danza, who everyone at the station wishes they'd make part of the weekday lineup instead of weekends/fill-in. The rest of the schedule is pretty much as you said, the greatest hits from the 60s and 70s.

It strikes me as odd that AC is doing the 70s show and Oldies Radio is not. Then again, AC has been airing the 70s show on Saturday Nights as far back as I can remember (well back into the days they were called StarStation, IIRC).

I listen to a local affilate in my area that carries ABC's Hits and Favorites station (formally known as StarStation.)

They have a 70's show on Saturday Nites and I HATE THE PROGRAM. That is about the only time I switch the radio to a different station because that much 70's music in that time is a killer. Now a 70's then a again is OK, but not many hours of 70's..

My opinion only...

~E~

The '70s playlist on ABC AC....

I'm trying to build a playlist based on the '70s show played on ABC AC every Saturday night--if anyone knows any songs, please post 'em here....

> I listen to a local affilate in my area that carries ABC's
> Hits and Favorites station (formally known as StarStation.)
>
>
> They have a 70's show on Saturday Nites and I HATE THE
> PROGRAM. That is about the only time I switch the radio to
> a different station because that much 70's music in that
> time is a killer. Now a 70's then a again is OK, but not
> many hours of 70's..
>
> My opinion only...
>
> ~E~
>
What you hate, somebody else likes. That's why there are so many variations of radio formats. ABC's AC format targets 40 year old females. Their Hot AC format has a "Retro Saturday Night", which is an 80s show.

No matter what the radio format, on the average you'll get something less than 10% market share.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom