• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

That's Not Funny: End of 24/7 comedy radio leads to format flips

Radio Insight mentions the stations that were running 24/7 Comedy, now no longer dist by Clear Channel/Premiere, have flipped to other formats like sports or classic country...
in Riverside CA, KFNY 1440 is to become news-talk as IE 1440.

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/89626/end-of-247-comedy-leads-to-flips-across-the-country/
But
>>Clear Channel continues the Comedy programming from the new “Today’s Comedy” network continues on 800 KBFP Bakersfield and 1370 WJIP Ellenville, NY.

So far no change in the website or facebook for KFNY

I mentioned this on facebook and saw several people who were upset that comedy was gone and they were further enraged that it was replaced by conservative talk. One wrote "I will not listen to another political talk station. 24/7 comedy was what I listened to when I could not stomach the political garbage anymore." I explained to him what Clear Channel etc was doing.

Comedy WAS Political

I stopped listening to AM1440 because it seemed like every single comedy sketch was either anti-Christian or anti-Conservative. A great deal of it was pure liberal. So for this person to complain that they are tired of listening to political nonsense, in actuality, they just don't want to listen to CONSERVATIVE views-- something the comedic genre will not allow in. Or at least not without a host of criticism, like with Dennis Miller.

I see the KFNY calls have moved to 102.9 FM in Seattle, as iHeart gets ready to put the station in a divestiture trust. Will it be going all-comedy in the interim?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom