• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Technics Quartz Synthesizer AM/FM Stereo Tuner ST-Z760

I found one for like $10.20 at the Goodwill Today

Sounds Good..It has 3 Screw in Type for FM GND 75 ohm 2 300 ohm..So I had to hook up a VHF Antanna to it to test the reception on it, Works on FM, I didn't connect the Ground

On AM, It has a Screw Type & a Connection for a AM Loop, I just hooked up the VHF Antanna to it to test & it works

The Technics STG-5 or STG-50 are very good tuners. 25 dB first adjacent selectivity in narrow mode. And they have the digital tuning indicator. With IBOC side channels, McIntosh and Carver tuners aren't much more usable for DX in high signal areas with lots of HD sidebands. And small market and rural areas won't have more than a few strong signals. Many of the analog Technics tuners have similar narrow selectivity capability. The non Stereo Panasonic portables might have a little better selectivity, but worse performance on IF rejection and intermodulation rejection. The quartz synthesizer tuners will stay locked on a first adjacent to a strong signal. Even the MR-80 will drift to the strong adjacent channel signal on the fadeouts of a weak signal.

Last edited:
I bought a low end display model Technics Receiver also, and also tested a multiple component rack unit with a Panasonic or Technics Tuner, with similar results. It's been over 30 years and it still works great in a rural area with several 100 kW facilities within 25 miles, but no HD IBOC. If it works, go for it. Or if you can fix it for a reasonable price.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom