• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Team Coco Radio - Conan O'Brien's channel

I was a fan of Conan's late-night TV show but drifted away from the TBS rendition in recent years. The usual path for cancelled hosts is to start a podcast but they rarely work well and I never bothered to listen to Conan's. So, his new SiriusXM show is the first I've heard him doing a "radio" show. It's only Day 2 for the channel but so far I'm liking it more than I expected.

The downside is that he's not live, it's just a string of podcasts and comedy clips. I'd like to hear him ultimately do a live morning show. Although there will never be another Howard, I could see Conan being the successor once Howard finally steps away. His show has a similar vibe and he's probably less polarizing.

I don't see the point. Live is where radio excels over podcasts. And his podcasts are apparently still going to be available for free in other services. It sounds like they just want to burn cash... and bandwidth. That station sounds very good. They must be robbing a lot of bits from other stations to make that station sound so good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom