• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TBN and Dr. Phil

I know there is thread on here already. Dr. Phil And Merriet Street Media takeover TBN on Monday 2/26. Has anyone seen a program schedule?

I know there is thread on here already. Dr. Phil And Merriet Street Media takeover TBN on Monday 2/26. Has anyone seen a program schedule?
First of all, Merit Street Media is not "taking over" TBN, but is being carried on many of its .2 subchannels, with current programming on the .2 and .3 being moved down one subchannel. TBN Enlace, which had been on the .4, is going online only. The new network will also be carried on many non-TBN stations.

Also, the launch date is now April 2, 2024. More info, including a channel finder: Merit Street Media

Using channel finder it looks like you will only be able to view it in Philly if you have Direct TV. Darn, guess I will need to find something else to watch…

Interestingly KOFY-TV San Francisco is changing affiliations from Grit to Merit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225-184208621~2.png
    Screenshot_20240225-184208621~2.png
    347.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20240225-184312159~2.png
    Screenshot_20240225-184312159~2.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 34
I wonder how accurate their site is... they list KTBN 31.1 as the home of Merit Street in LA. 31.1 is KVMD.
For Houston the site lists Channel 1057 on Comcast, which is the primary feed of RNN owned KUBE/57, but doesn’t list the station as an OTA option.🤔😣 Guessing KUBE will replace ShopHQ on its 57.1.

MSM won’t be on any TBN stations that are under the “Community Educational Television” ownership, as those are licensed as non-comms.

Here's the .2 channel of KTBW-20 in Tacoma, WA this morning. It's a bit of production music looped with this still. I love how it says, "Rescan your device...". If you can see this still you don't need to rescan. Existing stations can add, change and drop subchannels all day long and you still don't need to rescan. That's only when a new station comes on or an existing station changes RF channels. I saw Dr. Fraud's face and felt like punching the TV except it's my ancient Magnavox; the first HD set I ever purchased and I still love the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_4197[1].JPG
    IMG_4197[1].JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 28
Existing stations can add, change and drop subchannels all day long and you still don't need to rescan. That's only when a new station comes on or an existing station changes RF channels.
Not necessarily…many DTV receivers won’t automatically add channels…depends on the particular model, though apparently less of an issue on newer TVs.

It would be Funny if Dr. Phil is doing Network Id's similar to the old KOFY-TV 20 Id's given that Merit Media is going to 20.1 San Francisco. KOFY San Francisco will move from Grit to Merit soon. But it remove James Gabbert's voice and put Dr. Phil's voice for the station ID part and remove the dogs and cats for Dr. Phil Guest part.

Here's the .2 channel of KTBW-20 in Tacoma, WA this morning. It's a bit of production music looped with this still. I love how it says, "Rescan your device...". If you can see this still you don't need to rescan. Existing stations can add, change and drop subchannels all day long and you still don't need to rescan. That's only when a new station comes on or an existing station changes RF channels. I saw Dr. Fraud's face and felt like punching the TV except it's my ancient Magnavox; the first HD set I ever purchased and I still love the picture.
The re scan will force a lot of internet connected TV Guides to update the logo for the station.

meanwhile in Dallas, it's now live on 2 channels, KTXD 47.1 and KDTX 58.2
You beat me too it. I saw the line up in my DirecTV guide. I think it’s a good move by KTXD. Dr. Phil gets full clearance on a station in DFW.

It’s on two channels here in the L.A. market, as well: Twentynine Palms-licensed KVMD 31-1 and Santa Ana-licensed KTBN-TV 40-2. Both stations carry the network in 720p HD.

meanwhile in Dallas, it's now live on 2 channels, KTXD 47.1 and KDTX 58.2
According to Merit Street's website, the network is available on DirecTV and Dish.

Back
Top Bottom