• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Switching 1360 to Sports a good move... Switching them to XTRA, a BIG MISTAKE!

Lopaka said:
I enjoy every day that KLSD survives. It isn't easy to find truth, reality, relevance in the media.

But why waste the money to produce a sports format? Bring back elevator music like XETRA used to play, the kind of stuff they play in doctors offices to keep people calm before getting the bad news. Its just as anesthetizing as sports and a lot cheaper to produce.

And CC "enjoys" more listeners dying every day KLSD survives. Average listener older than that of KFMB. So much for reaching younger audiences. Although the P1s and TSL is impressive, but perhaps that's because of all that arthritic fingers.

One amazing statistic is that the US has had the lowest tax rates in the industrialized world. Mexico has lower tax rates. Nice roads too. Safe water. Thats why so many of them are clamoring to get in here I guess.

40 % of your tax money goes to buy nothing. It pays interest on the national debt. So it goes to China, then they can buy America's productive tax paying resources leaving guess who holding the bag. 80 % of that debt was run up by The Great Communicator and GWB. Was it worth it? Maybe you found the show, the war, the flag waving all worth it, if so, don't complain about your taxes. It could have been spent on things that bring in more money but that would have been so liberal.

It does look like the demise of KLSD will coincide with oil at $100 a bbl. GM posted a $39 billion loss in the third quarter. A single quarter. KOGO will blame it on aliens, KLSD would be offering solutions.

Well, I have often wondered what I get for the 33% I send to DC or the over 9% sent to Sacramento. Roads? Well, those are user fees, mostly. So, I don't know, however, what it has to do with how KOGO gets listeners or why KLSD doesn't do well enough for CC is beyond me. Personally, if I had a station in SD making $1.4 mil and running relatively cheaply, I'd cram in paid crap on the weekends, turn the $1.4 into $1.9 or $2 and enjoy myself. Hard to get excited about half a million a year in profit if you're a multi-billion dollar company.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom