• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Surprised to hear what I did this past weekend in Missoula.

R

radiojjh

Hey--since I am engaged to great gal that lives in Hamilton and I'm in Spokane...I am now making that drive back and forth...and get to hear Missoula radio. I like the music on "B-106-point-7"--the classic hits-oldies station. Generally a great mix of up-tempo classic hits. It did catch me by surprise to hear them play the unedited version of "Jet Airliner" by the Steve Miller Band, and heard "funky sh*t going down in the city." Usually you hear "funky kicks." An oversight, or not? It's a shame there is NO personality on that station when I hear it from Friday evening thru Sunday evening. Just liners and imaging. Dick Bartley's program was nice to hear. Great to hear his interaction with the audience and telling you what you listened to. I know radio is getting less and less personality focused. Just gets hard to real that reality coming into being!

Can't believe how many radio stations are serving Missoula now.....WOW! "The View" at 101.5 has great music for mainstream A/C, but their voicetrakking sucks. At least the one girl I heard....she doesn't know how to go from one song to another. The song starts to fade, then she talks over dead air, sounds like she's going into a spot break, and then finally the next song starts. IF that happened one time, ok, I can overlook it, but sheeze, it happens almost everytime the girl does a break. Voicetrakking 101---sound live and local AND tight!!!

Just my observations...

JJ...Your Spokane Radio Pal....

Speaking of Missoula radio, I listen to KENR sometimes and once I remember they went from the Club right into Jelli. I listened a couple weeks ago and again tonight and no Jelli? Did they drop it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom