• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Streaming issue with Soul Street

saund3461

Inactive
Inactive User
I stream the Soul Street channel at work at least once a week. I have noticed that, whenever they go to an announcer break, the music being played is cut out completely and there is a few beats before the announcer chimes in. When they go back to music, the audio is real low, anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds, and it suddenly cut's in at normal volume. I haven't listened to the channel on the actual receiver, so I don't know if it is being duplicated on the satellite signal as well. Has anyone else had this experience with the streaming of Soul Street?

> I stream the Soul Street channel at work at least once a
> week. I have noticed that, whenever they go to an announcer
> break, the music being played is cut out completely and
> there is a few beats before the announcer chimes in. When
> they go back to music, the audio is real low, anywhere from
> 10 to 30 seconds, and it suddenly cut's in at normal volume.
> I haven't listened to the channel on the actual receiver, so
> I don't know if it is being duplicated on the satellite
> signal as well. Has anyone else had this experience with the
> streaming of Soul Street?
>

I noticed to what your talking about. I do know most of the programs are voiced tracked especially on the weekends.
The library is very good as they play certain soul songs your not going to here on any other commercial soul station. But they need to pick up the announcer tempo a bit. The announcing sounds bland. The woman on there more or less belongs on the Quiet Storm.
They need to get that channel to sound like WBLS,KGFJ,WOL, etc. as a soul station sounded like in the 70's. I noticed the cut outs and they make the station sound bland.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom