• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Strange gold choice

tall_guy1

https://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/185724/worst-pop-radio-callouts. A few days ago, out of curiosity I was browsing thrpugh 99.7 the Point's playlist when I saw they played My Name Is by Eminem. It just so happens that this song had the all time worst callout score from 1999-2019. (It peaked at #29.)Obviously, things have changed and the score must be positive now, but is crazy the turn around. Perhaps Eminem became so big during that time that even his low charting singles are looked at (this was before 8 Mile and "Lose Yourself" so perhaps people take hime more seriously afterwards). Perhaps it was streamed a lot. It looks like it was at 12:53 a.m. so maybe it was an extra overnight song.

Last edited:
Do they play other strange choices like I Like The Way You Move by Outkast or I Wish by Skeelo. 96.3 in Detroit plays Eminem which probably isn’t strange over there considering he is from Detroit. 99.7 The Point is from Kansas City I believe which is very strange to play that particular song.

Do they play other strange choices like I Like The Way You Move by Outkast or I Wish by Skeelo. 96.3 in Detroit plays Eminem which probably isn’t strange over there considering he is from Detroit. 99.7 The Point is from Kansas City I believe which is very strange to play that particular song.
I have not heard them regularly play it, but looks like it was an overnight spin. Some of the low callouts look like they were on the charts for a while before people soured on them, but My Name Is crashed and burned on sight. It was however one of his earliest records and perhaps people didn't "know" him yet. Maybe public opinion has since tilted in favor of that song, as it is well known among his fans, as a lot of those songs are late day for those artists (like Britney Spears and Maroon 5.) Among his fans, I don't think they consider the song a "stiff" unlike some other records, but it looks like it was almost universally disliked among people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom