• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

South Carolina launches a new format called Spin FM

From All Access:

DAVIDSON MEDIA GROUP brokered Classic Hits WOLT (103.3)/GREENVILLE, SC is still a brokered station, but has literally spun the format wheel, debuting a new Top 40-targeted all mix format called SPIN-FM, a service of CHICAGO-based JAMTRAXX MEDIA, during a lot of hours in its broadcast week.

Read More-
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/101083/wolt-greenville-sc-debuts-spin-fm-format

Here's the old website-
http://www.wolt-fm.com/

Listening thru tunein, it's a mix of Dance, Top 40 and Hip Hop....I like it!!!

Thank you for the kind words. There is still alot of work to do. Technically, this is a beta test of our new radio format, and we are still gathering information and overall impressions.

This is a shared initiative between Davidson Radio Group and JamTraxx Media, not a brokerage deal. We are hopeful towards this endeavor.

The server crashed this morning, and now has to be upgraded to handle the increased traffic. It's a good thing. Both of our companies are excited about the possibilities. We hope that we have a product that can spread to other markets. We will see. In any case, this is just a hint of what else is to come.

Visit the Facebook page at 1033spinfm

Kind regards
JD

Joe A Delfin
President/CEO, JamTraxx Media, Inc.

SPIN(TM) is a CHR-based format, but with an emphasis on building TSL and incorporating PPM strategy. It's a different delivery of the top hits, it's doing something different that you won't find on the radio or even through the Internet or iTunes right now. It's about providing something different and compelling, and a reason to tune in-- because the blend or transition to the next song will almost always be something you haven't heard before because it is new. Right now, this soft launch is a testbed for other markets. We are trying to gauge what works and what doesn't. It's an opportunity to see the results firsthand in a live environment, rather than through projections. So the programming may eventually skew one direction or the other, depending on the market. We are finishing up imaging at the moment, and we're finalizing other agreements with the parties involved. I'll be happy to share any pertinent and relevant information so long as it doesn't violate or affect any sensitive agreements in place.

Meanwhile, I'm keeping busy also keeping spin control in check. I welcome any questions, and I'm always open to debate. I just want to make sure that people understand what is transpiring in the proper context. Though we have had thrilling success with the industry, JamTraxx Media is not just a "mixshow company" or "that company that loves dance music." There are some news reports saying that we are launching a "dance station." That is simply not the case. There are reports that we have bought the time. That is definitely not the case. There are reports that the brokered shows will be ditched as soon as possible. That is not the case, either. It's hard, almost impossible, to correct these news sources, but I want to try my best to nip any inaccuracies in the bud.

Davidson has contracts with their third party program brokers and they honor their agreements. They are just exploring new programming avenues and revenue streams with us, and we are happy to help them. This is a way for everyone to try their hand at something different, and get some good publicity and data in the process. We're not looking at flipping the station 24/7 at this time. That's just simply not the point of this exercise right now. I am curious to see what type of reaction will be generated in the market.

Once the web stream server has been upgraded, we'll post the link for you to sample. I'm always curious to hear what even the armchair quarterbacks have to say. LOL

Kind regards,
JD

JamminDownJD said:
SPIN(TM) is a CHR-based format, but with an emphasis on building TSL and incorporating PPM strategy. It's a different delivery of the top hits, it's doing something different that you won't find on the radio or even through the Internet or iTunes right now. It's about providing something different and compelling, and a reason to tune in-- because the blend or transition to the next song will almost always be something you haven't heard before because it is new. Right now, this soft launch is a testbed for other markets. We are trying to gauge what works and what doesn't. It's an opportunity to see the results firsthand in a live environment, rather than through projections. So the programming may eventually skew one direction or the other, depending on the market. We are finishing up imaging at the moment, and we're finalizing other agreements with the parties involved. I'll be happy to share any pertinent and relevant information so long as it doesn't violate or affect any sensitive agreements in place.

Meanwhile, I'm keeping busy also keeping spin control in check. I welcome any questions, and I'm always open to debate. I just want to make sure that people understand what is transpiring in the proper context. Though we have had thrilling success with the industry, JamTraxx Media is not just a "mixshow company" or "that company that loves dance music." There are some news reports saying that we are launching a "dance station." That is simply not the case. There are reports that we have bought the time. That is definitely not the case. There are reports that the brokered shows will be ditched as soon as possible. That is not the case, either. It's hard, almost impossible, to correct these news sources, but I want to try my best to nip any inaccuracies in the bud.

Davidson has contracts with their third party program brokers and they honor their agreements. They are just exploring new programming avenues and revenue streams with us, and we are happy to help them. This is a way for everyone to try their hand at something different, and get some good publicity and data in the process. We're not looking at flipping the station 24/7 at this time. That's just simply not the point of this exercise right now. I am curious to see what type of reaction will be generated in the market.

Once the web stream server has been upgraded, we'll post the link for you to sample. I'm always curious to hear what even the armchair quarterbacks have to say. LOL

Kind regards,
JD

As long as I am able to hear new artists that aren't practically carbon copies of what I already hear on the radio, I wouldn't mind this, but I'm wondering if this new type of delivery is still going to consist of the same top hits by the same manufactured artists. Although I've never worked in radio (with the exception of a hobby-based programming internship I took up in the mid-90's at KRQ in Tucson under Toby Amies), I just believe that CHR isn't going to change that drastically as long as the top radio companies continue to be in bed with the less than a handful of record companies (whose artists seemingly DO have almost the same sound). Even though my love of dance music goes back to the 80's, when I look back at my favorite CHR stations, I don't think of "nitch", but stations that played a balance of different styles. Whenever my friends and I travel abroad, we are continuously amazed at the amount of great music out there that never gets touched by CHR here in the U.S. In any case, I applaud you for trying something different and I'll be listening.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom