• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Some Car Radios In Seattle Are Stuck On KUOW 94.9!

Mazda is blaming it on the transmission of "image files with no extension", presumably as part of data transmitted via HD-Radio.

Mazda is blaming it on the transmission of "image files with no extension", presumably as part of data transmitted via HD-Radio.
Image files are indeed via the HD PAD packets, but not sure what they mean by 'no extension'. The image is sent via with a header string, and the file has what amounts to a stop (end) bit. Even if no stop bit was sent to indicate end of the image file, worst case is the following image file wouldn't populate. Unless somehow Mazda was holding the channel until the PAD stop bit was received? In that instance, I suppose if the PAD stop bit didn't show up in the radio, then the radio might not let you tune away. That wouldn't have been a force-tuned situation, but more of a locked on the station selected-situation.

Weren't there some tunnels which used leaky coax and a spread-spectrum transmitter so that no matter which channel your radio was tuned to, you'd be able to hear them broadcast traffic announcements and other emergency messages?

Weren't there some tunnels which used leaky coax and a spread-spectrum transmitter so that no matter which channel your radio was tuned to, you'd be able to hear them broadcast traffic announcements and other emergency messages?
Yes in the I-90 tunnel on the Seattle side of the I-90 Floating Bridge.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom