• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Some Ads Play on Streaming Services Even When the TV Is Off, Study Finds

DavidEduardo

Moderator/Administrator
Staff member
So you have your device turned off but the existing systems show you to be a viewer...

This is a paywall, although you get a few "freebies" per month.

"Many commercials continue to play on ad-supported streaming services after viewers turn off their television, new research shows, a problem that is causing an estimated waste of more than $1 billion a year for brands."

So you have your device turned off but the existing systems show you to be a viewer...

This is a paywall, although you get a few "freebies" per month.

"Many commercials continue to play on ad-supported streaming services after viewers turn off their television, new research shows, a problem that is causing an estimated waste of more than $1 billion a year for brands."
The equivalent of SiriusXM counting activated, but not listened to, radios in unsold cars sitting on dealer lots as "subscribers."

It's an interesting challenge. If I just hit the button to turn off my TV, but leave the Roku on, then yeah...makes sense content will continue until the device times out. There's no such thing as a perfect system.

It’s not hard to just hit the home button, there are just times I don’t remember. Oh well, the sponsor of the ad I would have ignored will go on their merry way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom