• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

So who's your favorite air personality?

jackb

Inactive
Inactive User
Who are your favorite on-air types in WV radio, past and present? I know none of us could have heard everybody, but let's give some ecognition for the folks who give/gave us good radio...and got away with it. My votes:

present: Jim Lange for doing EclecTopia on WV Public Radio. He's smart, he's good at what he does, and I like his openness and his assumption that we too are open to the new (and some not so new) music and sound things he encounters. Hint: I'm still waiting to hear Tune-Yards.

past: Dan Lucas. He was a serious talent. He started out at WLOH in Princeton in the mid 60's , moved to WJLS in Beckley, WCHS in Charleston and then to WSAZ / Huntington. He later did an all night jazz show on WWL, New Orleans, and wound up doing afternoon drive on KFI in Los Angeles. Anybody know what happened to him after that?

Doug 'the Dougger' (later Uncle Dougger) Hoffmann, who labored at 14WK/97.3 WKWK, Wheeling. He is now in sales in New Martinsville.
The other 'Good Guys' (mid-late 60s) all came in at second. ;D

Steve & Ed (the Breakfast Flakes) on Martinsburg's 97.5/KMZ during their CHR days of the late eighties. Funny, funny sh*t. Eddie Alexander was/is one of the most off-the-wall people ever to hit WV airwaves. I think that both are still in radio. Steve Williams programs some stations up in PA, and Eddie has been a large-market AT for the past 20 years, out in the Midwest--Tulsa or OKC.

As I've stated elsewhere on these boards before, the biggest difference between radio of yesterday and today might be the lack of humor. I guess it's hard to get those computers to crack a joke.

There was a rapid fire jock on either 1400 in Clarksburg or 920 Fairmont in the early 1980's who used the name "Bill Dunn" who would have fit in perfectly at Z100 NYC.

secondchoice said:
There was a rapid fire jock on either 1400 in Clarksburg or 920 Fairmont in the early 1980's who used the name "Bill Dunn" who would have fit in perfectly at Z100 NYC.

'Shotgun' Bill/Billy Dunn?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom