• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Smooth Jazz WDSJ 106.5

C

cklw800

Anyone know how WDSJ in Dayton (or wherever) is doing ratings-wise? Will it last a while? I get worried because 106.5 has been so many different formats in a short time. It seems that Cincinnati would have a SJ station than Dayton. But then I hear Boston of all places doesn't have one either.

I think the Smooth Jazz will stick..in fact before CC bought 106.5 the station was Smooth Jazz. CC tried Country and Jammi' Oldies befoe coming full circle with SJ. WDSJ has a far-northern signal. CC may be somewhat competing with its own Lite 99.9 with WDSJ.

> I think the Smooth Jazz will stick..in fact before CC bought
> 106.5 the station was Smooth Jazz. CC tried Country and
> Jammi' Oldies befoe coming full circle with SJ. WDSJ has a
> far-northern signal. CC may be somewhat competing with its
> own Lite 99.9 with WDSJ.
>
Good to know it might stick. From reading their site it seemed they had some kind of built in history of jazz...I didn't know what they were before country. Yes, they play a lot of AC on the station, some of them the same songs you can hear on many LITE stations and probably theirs.

I used to be able to see a program schedule on their site, like when the Chris Botti and other weekend shows air...but that is not there anymore. That's what made me wonder if a change was coming. Maybe just their weekend stuff is changing.

> It seems that Cincinnati would have a SJ station than
> Dayton. But then I hear Boston of all places doesn't have
> one either.
>
Cincinnati's Soft AC WRRM-FM 98.5 plays Smooth Jazz on Saturday nights. The city has been without a full-time Smooth Jazz station since 94.9 switched to Jammin' Oldies in the late 90s.

Last I knew they had syndicated programming on weekends, but I can'
t tell you what. Seems on Sunday nights they had a show that featured older jazz. I'm assuming the "Chill" show on Saturday nights is syndicated.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom