• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Slightly Confused About WMGG

OK. Here I am, minding my own business, just looking over some TB stations on Radio-Locator (because I used to live there back in the day...), and I stumble onto 1470/WMGG that has a CP to move from Dunedin to Tampa, and, in doing so, downsize from 5kw-D, 500w-N, ND to 750w-D, 800w-N, DA-N. So they go directional and gain 250 watts at night, but build 3 towers to do so, and lose most of their daytime power. (That Dunedin property must be REALLY something.)

Anyway, can anyone tell me the real reason WMGG is making the move? (It's got to be a simple an$wer... :-\)

Also, are they repeating what's on 820?
Tnx

Trusty, I sent you a PM to give you some background.

I think Genesis themselves are confused and/or confounded as to what to do with 1470 (a station that has gone dark under several different owners over the years).

Radio Locator today does have the "new" info on the modified CP for 1470 and if Genesis carries that through, the new transmitter site would be what might be the former WTMP site, providing WTMP, which is in receivership, has the finances to carry on with their CP, which would increase their day and night time power and move their tower array toward Citrus Park.

Otherwise WTMP and WMGG would be sharing the same tower, which used to be the tower site for 1250 and it's various call letters.

drt,
st pete

Genesis did not own the 1470 tower site in Dunedin (actually off CR95 in Palm Harbor). The property owner had put it up for sale and I believe had a fish on the line to purchase it. There had been a sign in front of the building giving notice of a public hearing regarding rezoning the property for some other use. So I am sure they had given Genesis notice to pack up and leave at that time. Not sure if that deal fell through or not since the tower is still there, the big for sale sign is still up, and the zoning notice sign is gone. But the handwriting was on the wall, at some point 1470 would have to relocate. But their various plans for the Tampa site(s) had me confused too. As for your last question, no they are not repeating 820, they have brokered spanish programming after a brief run at business talk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom