• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SiriusXM’s Underground Garage To Feature AI Powered Show

"SiriusXM’s “Little Steven’s Underground Garage” will feature an edition of Drew Carey’s “Friday Night Freak-Out” produced completely using technology byt Eleven Labs and OpenAI’s ChatGPT.

The show, airing on Friday March 24 at 11pm and on-demand, will completely utilize an AI voice integrated into the show."

Is this the first use outside of the demo?

The way Pandora learns what music genre and artists you prefer isn't a form of AI? Really! And forms of AI in general don't utilize various algorithm's??
Please do educate me on what constitutes AI then.
A Algorithm makes "choices" based on a set of preprogrammed parameters. An AI can make those choices independently based on its own knowledge via learning, that learning can use algorithms to create knowledge.

A Algorithm makes "choices" based on a set of preprogrammed parameters. An AI can make those choices independently based on its own knowledge via learning, that learning can use algorithms to create knowledge.
AI still use algorithms. For example: Services like Pandora, Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, YouTube, TikTok, and many more use AI algorithms for different purposes. All of these examples study people's viewing/listening history, preferences, and behaviors to provide tailor-made experiences. AI isn't only large language models like Chat GPT, Bard, Sidney/Bing, or provide tokens alone.

AI still use algorithms. For example: Services like Pandora, Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, YouTube, TikTok, and many more use AI algorithms for different purposes. All of these examples study people's viewing/listening history, preferences, and behaviors to provide tailor-made experiences. AI isn't only large language models like Chat GPT, Bard, Sidney/Bing, or provide tokens alone.
Yes, As I stated, AI can use Algorithms to learn. The algorithms in use as you described are not the same as a AI. AI self learn, Algorithms do not.

Go re read what I wrote.
I've read what you wrote, and with all due respect, you're either confused, or wrong.

I believe what you're trying to say, is things like Pandora, Spotify, Netflix, etc., all use algorithms which make up a form of AI called: ANI, or Artificial Narrow Intelligence. ANI is designed to solve one single problem, usually to execute a single task well. By definition, they have very narrow capabilities like; recommending a product for e-commerce, type, or style of music, movie, or TV show. You're right that these models historically function in controlled environments with a limited set of parameters, but are still considered a form of Artificial Intelligence.

What some people now consider AI use, are large language models like ChatGPT, BARD, or Sydney/Bing, are the new version of AI. I assure you though, some form of AI has been used for many years before tokens and LLM's

Back
Top Bottom