• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Simpson County station storm damaged?

I drove to Hattiesburg (William Carey University) this weekend, and the Magee station (forget the call letters) was not on the air - nor has it been since. I think that the weekend storm drove it off the air for now.

Its back on the air the last time I checked. I'm sure the light bill is pretty high. I'm surprised if anyone listens to it anymore. Its run by the Seventh Day Adventists, and they'e few if any Seventh Day Adventist in Magee. However there is a church in Florence. Not sure if anyone is listening.

Unexperieinced broadcasters like the sound of 50 KW on AM. They buy it regardless of where it is or what the coverage looks like. Believe me, WSJC used to be much stronger than it is today. Isn't that the case with most of the old big boy am's. I remember KAAY in Little Rock. What a power house in the day. Can't hardly find them today. Oh, but let's not forget, they're 50 KW!

I did not know that the owners were Seventh-Day Adventists. It is a very good religious station. I like religious talk shows, but I hate most of the religious music that most of the stations play.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom