• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sign On Radio anyone?

Has anyone here tuned into the Union Trib's internet station, Sign On Radio? Ex-KOGO morning guy, Dave Mason's on along with Charlie and Harrigan, Happy Hare and some others.

They're also using the newspaper's reporters and feature writers on some of the programs.
Interesting concept and a pretty good sounding stream.

What are your thoughts?

I like it.

Dave Mason remains a pro. CCUSD made a mistake in letting Dave go. Ken Copper and Clark Anthony may be the fastest two hours on the medium (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.). The programming reminds me of KFMB-AM before Midwest TV cheaped-out to syndicators. (Who cares what Rustie Humphries thinks, just another right wing blowhard -- and Michael Weiner is a real idiotic savage on the airwaves. KFMB has one local show. They used to have five.)

While I'm not overall crazy about hip hap Harry Martin on the airwaves, overall the station is community radio. It is interesting to hear the thoughts of political cartoonist Steve Breen, and other columnists/writers at the paper.

The limitation factor is currently on the 'net. When wireless becomes common, the station could have traction.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom