• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Shortwave Log Of The Week In Alaska!

0436UTC Sat Sept 9th in McGrath, Alaska .. HCJB 6050khz Quito, Ecaudor, 10KW beamed at 18 degrees with woman talking in Quechua then some music.
Picture is the radio as im listening to the HCJB signal and a look out into the ether from my listening post.
TEF6686 radio, 15 foot wellbrook loop, EmTech Zm2 antenna tuner and DXEngineering preamp

collag2.png

0436UTC Sat Sept 9th in McGrath, Alaska .. HCJB 6050khz Quito, Ecaudor, 10KW beamed at 18 degrees with woman talking in Quechua then some music.
Picture is the radio as im listening to the HCJB signal and a look out into the ether from my listening post.
TEF6686 radio, 15 foot wellbrook loop, EmTech Zm2 antenna tuner and DXEngineering preamp

View attachment 5698
Nice! Any snow yet up there or is it still too early for that? I know September snowfall is not uncommon in those parts!

Nice! Any snow yet up there or is it still too early for that? I know September snowfall is not uncommon in those parts!

Were probably several weeks away from it going below freezing at night

Back
Top Bottom