• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Shortsleeve off MEX?

Nancy "Sandy" Shack is the only thing worth listening to on 1510, but I will admit to occasionally listening to Shortsleeve for brief periods of time as I flip thru the 36 presets in the car.

AM and PM drive are unlistenable, and we have beat that discussion to death so I'll skip the reasons for now.

As for where she ends up if 1510 changes in any way shape or form and she is not retained? Your guess is as good as mine.

I doubt it will be back with Howie, he is runnng a lean ship over there and seems to have everything running well, so why add payroll?

I like her show, I like her, but I think this is her last stop in the business.

She is a lawyer, but she is not currently allowed to practice law in MA according to the MA BBO website. She could probably get reinstated by paying her back dues.
Not that we need anymore lawyers....

She could go the way of many former media folk, and go into PR/Media relations. I think she would do great there.

It sucks that at approx 55 years old she is probably headed to the beach.

Assuming MEX goes the way of the do-do bird, what else is available for local talk in the Boston market for her to jump to? Maybe we could get lucky and she would replace the shrew on the RKO morning show :)

Granted, I am not in the "biz" so I do not really know these things, but is there any benefit for her to pop up as a sidekick a few times a week on Howie's show like VB did when he got the axe from the local Fox station, even if it was for the bubble? e.g. is there any benefit to keeping her name/voice out there while she's shopping for another gig?

Has anyone else "heard" that mcSCREAMER is leaving wmex for the left coast???? The other day when the caller mentioned that Shortsleeve no longer works at WMEX, she also mentioned that mcSCREAMER was leaving as well. Renegade Radio confirmed that Shortsleeve is no longer employed, however, they never confirmed or denied info on mcSCREAMER.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom