• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Set of STL antennas needed.

G

Groove1670

Still looking for a set of STL antennas. If you have them in North Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, or Georgia. Let me know. Will buy them, and pick up thanks.

http://www.l-com.com/familylist.aspx?id=2193

Here are a couple of Hyperlink antennas. The top one is 16.5 degree beam and is $70.00,the bottom one is
18 degree and is $327.00. either price beats what the other manufactures offer.Hyperlink makes pretty good wireless stuff,i have a pair of the low price ones on air in Lake Charles,La now for over 2 years,no issues.The Nicom yagi may work on the receive end but not on the transmitter end because it's not a parabolic and the beam width is way too wide...If you can afford the Hyperlink $327.00 one,that would be a wise choice.

Re: Set of STL round screen STL ant are ok but

The old Scala curved screen STL ant are not alowed by the FCC any more for trans only so you can used one brand for trans and one for recv but let the large gain ant be the recv one

The Scala mini-flector is the one that's no good for transmit anymore. IF you have a ton of signal at the site, they do make fine receive antennas.

well just try and used the round screen prodlein or like in transmit site and then you can used any kinda ant reciveing but bigger is better six feet would be real good and there are onj e bay a little some times I go on line and put in Scaila and get up outher brands

You don't always need a 6' dish at the receive site. I have one STL shot that's only a little over a mile, the 4 foot dish is fine. I have a ton of fade margin on it and am going to put a Yagi on the roof of the building as a backup receive antenna as there is still plenty of signal with that, especially for emergency use.

Re: STL at 950 mhz is like a shirt gun

the fine stream going out gose farr but the patern at the outher in is a round one and big so to focus it all back in again the big dish gose at the recive end as high up as can be you can use two feq for stereo you could use eathe rvert or horz best to find out what the guy on the next higher or lower chanel is doing and use opset polz ...............

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom