• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Schultz toast

ajhenderson

Inactive
Inactive User
Appears we won't even be able to put Ed Schultz on our 2006 Utah Radio Deadpool. DXing KSL tonight, heard the unlistenable Clark Howard on at midnight. Apparently Schultz's departure moved to almost as unlistenable Lars Larson up to early evenings (where such a powerful station should be LIVE and LOCAL) and a new "Hannity Reracked" from 10-11. Might I ask, how much does When Radio Was pay to be on at 11pm? I'm dying to know.

> Appears we won't even be able to put Ed Schultz on our 2006
> Utah Radio Deadpool. DXing KSL tonight, heard the
> unlistenable Clark Howard on at midnight. Apparently
> Schultz's departure moved to almost as unlistenable Lars
> Larson up to early evenings (where such a powerful station
> should be LIVE and LOCAL) and a new "Hannity Reracked" from
> 10-11. Might I ask, how much does When Radio Was pay to be
> on at 11pm? I'm dying to know.

I don't think "When Radio Was" pays anything... but then I suspect KSL pays them nothing either (other than the trade of network commercial airtime).

They also killed Eddy after about two weeks of shifting him around because of the evening BYU sports shows (7-8 pm) - he never consistently aired from 7-10 pm ... sometimes at midnight, sometimes only one hour before Lars at 9... it was a mess. It's been Lars 7-10 (or 8-11 if there's sports talk) for about 3 months now. Funny how the Web site still doesn't indicate that.

> I don't think "When Radio Was" pays anything... but then I
> suspect KSL pays them nothing either (other than the trade
> of network commercial airtime).

I would hope that unless your name is Rush or Sean, that no newstalker in SLC is paying you a dime. But I just don't get this show; is it the kind of thing that plays well in the market for some isolated reason? I just don't see them on anywhere else, not to mention 50kW stations I can hear 800 miles away, during the week.

What talent do you like KJCB? Besides yourself ofcourse?

>

> What talent do you like KJCB? Besides yourself ofcourse?

I never said I didn't like Ed Schultz; quite the contrary.

If you read what I posted you'd know; many people decry the death of good radio with voicetracked airshifts, too many spots, etc. I am sick of the endless rubbish on talk radio, and there's plenty of it. That doesn't mean there aren't talents out there, but when the pool is so watered down, the percentage of quality product decreases as well.

And I don't do a show. Nice assumption, though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom