• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

S.A. 6+ PPM APR '23

A few shakeups in meters this month: KONO regains the 8 share. Q101-9 also regroups and wins back some hearts. 961 Now continues a slow decline into the 3 shares along with VIBE, The Beat. JACK-FM slips back into the lower 3s.

All of The Regional Mex stations got a nice boost this month: Norteno 1041/720 is the highest rated at 2.5. AGAIN, Preciosa with a weak signal cruises to a 2.2, KROM stays at 2.2 and Tejano 95.7/103.3 inches back up to 1.8.

I love that Oldies KONO 860am is sitting at a 1.0 share! Are those numbers also from an HD2/HD3 signal? KKYX takes a dip to 0.7 even with a nice translator at 104.9.

QUESTION: Why is KRPT-FM (iHeart Classic Country) not sitting much higher? Are they still simulcasting on 93.3? Their sister Preciosa 105.7 is killing it even with the same low watt signal at Tower of the Americas. Does broadcasting the Missions games make a difference? Correct me but these are all of the low power signals at TOA: 93.3, 103.3, 105.7, 107.1 and 107.9 and here are the full signals on the combiner: 101.9, 102.7 and 104.5...

A few shakeups in meters this month: KONO regains the 8 share. Q101-9 also regroups and wins back some hearts. 961 Now continues a slow decline into the 3 shares along with VIBE, The Beat. JACK-FM slips back into the lower 3s.

All of The Regional Mex stations got a nice boost this month: Norteno 1041/720 is the highest rated at 2.5. AGAIN, Preciosa with a weak signal cruises to a 2.2, KROM stays at 2.2 and Tejano 95.7/103.3 inches back up to 1.8.

I love that Oldies KONO 860am is sitting at a 1.0 share! Are those numbers also from an HD2/HD3 signal? KKYX takes a dip to 0.7 even with a nice translator at 104.9.

QUESTION: Why is KRPT-FM (iHeart Classic Country) not sitting much higher? Are they still simulcasting on 93.3? Their sister Preciosa 105.7 is killing it even with the same low watt signal at Tower of the Americas. Does broadcasting the Missions games make a difference? Correct me but these are all of the low power signals at TOA: 93.3, 103.3, 105.7, 107.1 and 107.9 and here are the full signals on the combiner: 101.9, 102.7 and 104.5...
So I'm one of those crazy people who believes that audio quality matters in the ratings. And, other than KSAH-720, I think my theory holds. But that station, while I love the music, is truly an audio disaster at night. I know, nobody listens to AM anymore except me, so why care? KSAH-720 at night is a distorted mess. Nobody can listen to that huge THUMP in the audio every second or so. This has been going on for months. Yeah, their FM 104.1 sounds great.

KONO-860 has a truly high fidelity AM signal now after being a complete distorted unlistenable mess last year. It just glistens. How do they do that? Maybe they have a high bandwidth antenna system since they somehow rebroadcast iHeart's 760 on 960 during the day! KKYX (same company) has a very mediocre muddy sound, not like twenty years ago when they were first class. KKYX FM, on the other hand has perfect CD quality audio but can barely cover everybody inside 410 especially during tropo. The iHeart station on 93.3 is much stronger but compressed too much. It drags you down. Audio compression = ear fatigue.

WHEN YOUR ONLY PRODUCT IS AUDIO, WHY NOT MAKE IT GOOD? WHY NOT MAKE IT EXCELLENT?

Also, as we lose AM in new cars, when will WOAI give us an HD2 channel?

WOAI needs a translator, I remember when IHeartRadio had a chance for 93.7 a few years ago for Ticket 760 AM but they blew it not building in time...

Back
Top Bottom