• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

RIP Bob Middleton (Bob Walker)

Bob died this afternoon. Services pending in Hutchinson, KS.

Bob first worked at WOMN, then moved through WFOM, WAKE, WBAD, WZGC before joining KSKU-FM in Wichita. Was morning man there until 2000 when Cheap Channels let him go. Joined KHMY *nee KHUT-FM) as morning dirve. Left the air about a month ago for health reasons, died of natural causes. He was 64.

Had been a great friend and good buddy of mine from the old WPLO "APD" days starting in 1964/

There should be some kind of tribute to him on http://www.khmyfm.com/ tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. Already a posting on http://www.hutchpost.com/.

Well, I'm disappointed. Nothing has changed on their website and when I tuned in this morning at 7:00 AM they were running the format as usual.

Here are some postings from the Hutchinson Post on his passing:

Ron Williams says:
March 9, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Sad, sad news. He was quite the character.

Just saying says:
March 9, 2015 at 8:25 pm

So sad I missed hearing him in the mornings Rest In peace Bob you will be missed!!
JILLIVINILLY says:
March 9, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Rest in Peace, friend.

Deana Mock says:

Barry Bond says:
March 9, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Very sorry for this loss as I worked with Bob at KSKU in the late 80’s when it was still a pop-rock station. As a young announcer, I was blown away by his talent and professionalism at work. Such a great voice, humor, and timing every time he opened the mic. As I later developed a personal faith in God, I pray that Bob found peace as well.

Praying for his family & friends!

Brent Bradley says:
March 10, 2015 at 4:45 am

Barry, it was good to see your name here. I have thought of you often over the years. Working with Bob was so wonderfully crazy! I know he influenced you and I both as kids.
Brent Bradley says:
March 10, 2015 at 6:50 am

Such sad news. We were lucky to get to work with him. Contact me, [email protected]

Larry Bontrager says:
March 9, 2015 at 10:21 pm

What a loss. I haven’t seen him for awhile but enjoyed his sense of hummer and the talks we use to have. I considered him to be a good friend. He will be missed.

Larry

Rob McArthur says:
March 10, 2015 at 12:00 am

So I guess eagle radio has an opening for mornings now.

Jon Boyd Jr says:
March 10, 2015 at 2:46 am

Can’t believe he died at a young age. I remember listening to him in Wichita at Kissin 102.1, then he finished his career in radio with Eagle Communications who I worked for 1995 to 2000. May Bob Walker rest in peace.

Jerry Adams (KFDI) says:
March 10, 2015 at 5:01 am

Bob was one radio guy that understood the power of radio. My respects to his family.

John Mosier says:
March 10, 2015 at 5:32 am

Oh wow. Worked with Bob, as a weekend jock, at KZSN in the early 90’s. Great guy and very helpful to us weekend people. Will miss you Bob.

Manny Cowzinski says:
March 10, 2015 at 6:20 am

Bob was a great friend. He will be missed greatly. It was a privilege to be able to work with him for many years. He always made us laugh and always said the goofiest things. Radio lost a true legend and we lost a wonderful friend. I’ll never forget our crazy adventures. Rest In Peace.

Laura McCrae says:
March 10, 2015 at 6:22 am

I can’t even put into words how sad I am!! I met Bob when he was on Kissin afternoons. He was a truly talented man and if you knew him outside of radio he was even funnier! He was the little man inside our radios and I miss him already!!

Rick Edwards says:
March 10, 2015 at 6:33 am

It was my pleasure to know and work with Bob. I laughed with him. I learned from him. I will miss him. He is a true legend.

Gayla Crouse says:
March 10, 2015 at 6:55 am

Bob was truly “one of a kind”. He never had a bad day, if he was on the air. He truly understood theatre of the mind that only radio can offer. It was a pleasure to know him.

Evelyn Butts says:
March 10, 2015 at 7:01 am

I feel his mom came and got him he was through. I am sure he and my husband will have a lot to talk about. He will be missed by all his radio family.

Lyman James says:
March 10, 2015 at 7:09 am

Bob was one of the most talented guys I ever had the pleasure to work with. He was one of the few guys I’ve ever known to consistently create radio that you could not only hear….but “see” as well. He’s gonna be missed.

Julie White says:
March 10, 2015 at 7:11 am

Bob was a great and dear friend of mine and my husband since the early 90’s. I had the pleasure of working with him at KZSN. He became a great friends and have always kept in touch. He will be greatly missed. He brought laughter everywhere he went. RIP

Well, I'm disappointed. Nothing has changed on their website and when I tuned in this morning at 7:00 AM they were running the format as usual.

Just got an email from Casey Osburn - KHMY PD. They are having a tribute program for Bob tomorrow 8am-10am ET.
Stream it at: http://www.khmyfm.com/

"Wooly Bully, E. William !"
You've been looking for me, and I've been here since 2003.
;-D

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom