• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rewind TV adds 7 new affiliates Oct. 20

7 new Rewind TV affiliates debut on Oct. 20th. All 7 are owned by Nexstar which also owns Rewind TV. It appears to be the most successful RETRO THEMED subchannel expanding at the moment (57 affiliates total) with 55% nationwide coverage. 6 additional affiliates have been added so far in 2022 (most but not all owned by Nexstar) for a total of 13 for the year. Philadelphia and Atlanta are the largest markets without Rewind TV, which specializes in 1980s - 2000s series. Other than its debut on September 1, 2021, October 20th was the second largest Rewind TV affiliate expansion date.

KRON 4.3 San Francisco
WHO 13.2 Des Moines
WGNO 26.3 New Orleans
WNCT 9.3 Greenville, SC
KOIN 6.3 Portland, OR
WYCW 62.3 Greenville-Spartanburg
WATE 6.3 Knoxville

Last edited:
I'm surprised that Rewind went to WLMT 30 in Memphis rather than WREG 3, which Nexstar owns. Nexstar used to own WLMT, but it's owned by Tegna now.

Yakima will gain this network by 2025, at the glacial rate that this small market goes...

It seems a bit unusual, compared with the more popular Classic TV diginets, such as Me-TV and Antenna.

--Runs L.C. shopping overnight.
--Runs infomercials 7-8 a.m. Mon-Sat. and from 7 to 10 a.m. on Sundays.
--Runs fairly recent shows from Canada: Republic of Doyle twice a day, DaVinci's Inquest at 11pm most evenings.

It does have some shows not found on other classic TV channels, such as Soupy Sales, Loretta Young, Life with Elizabeth and The Mickey Rooney Show.

I see it carries Bonanza on Sundays from 2 to 3 p.m. How many channels carry Bonanza? Maybe FIVE?

Yakima will gain this network by 2025, at the glacial rate that this small market goes...
It could either come on either a subchannel of either KUNW-CD 2 or KIMA-TV 29 by 2025, because Sinclair Broadcast Group, the duopoly in Yakima's owner has a deal with Rewind TV, who has it on these Sinclair stations...

Mobile/Pensacola: WJTC-DT2 44.2 (launched 3/1/22)
Chico/Redding: KUCO-LD4 27.4 (launched 9/1/21)
West Palm Beach: WWHB-CD4 48.4 (launched 9/1/21)
Minneapolis/St. Paul: WUCW-DT5 23.3 (launched 9/1/21)
Reno: KRXI-DT4 11.4 (launched 4/1/22)
San Antonio: KABB-DT3 29.3 (launched 9/1/21)

It seems a bit unusual, compared with the more popular Classic TV diginets, such as Me-TV and Antenna.

--Runs fairly recent shows from Canada: Republic of Doyle twice a day, DaVinci's Inquest at 11pm most evenings.

It does have some shows not found on other classic TV channels, such as Soupy Sales, Loretta Young, Life with Elizabeth and The Mickey Rooney Show.

I see it carries Bonanza on Sundays from 2 to 3 p.m. How many channels carry Bonanza? Maybe FIVE?
Idk what channel those shows are on as I went through the schedule and it has only comedies like Who's the Boss?, Growing Pains, Dear John, Caroline in the City, Suddenly Susan, The Drew Carey Show etc., but they have the informicals that you mentioned.

You were looking at the listings for Retro TV, a separate network that some might know for its reruns of the old NBC soap opera The Doctors, as well as classic episodes of Doctor Who.

Rewind TV is a sister network to Antenna TV, and currently specializes in sitcoms from the '80s and '90s. It does, however, run infomercials for a few hours each morning.

Same with Denver or other areas like in Wyoming and so on.
Also, for Wyoming Rewind TV could be on in the following areas...

In Casper, WY, it could end up on a subchannel of KCWY-DT 13, and in Cheyenne, WY, it could air on a subchannel of KGWN-TV 5, because Gray Television, the two stations' owner, has a deal with Rewind TV in the Cleveland, OH market on WOIO-DT4 19.4 (launched 9/1/22)

Rewind TV launched Sep 1, 2021 on WoodTV .2 channel 200 on Spectrum which was Bounce which Bounced to channel 199 on Spectrum which is WXMI Fox17 .3 wish they kept Court TV. Kinda surprised that Nexstar hasn't taken Anennta TV from Fox17 I thought that contract would've been up by now and would've been on Wood TV or WOTV. This past week Nexstar added The Grio to Wood TV .3 which was Sportsgrid.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom