• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Return" of WENN?

WENN filed for a resumption of operations on 4/24. I haven't heard anything emanating from 1320 AM, but then again, I'm in south Shelby county. I've been able to receive WENN in the past, however. Anyone closer to Birmingham who can verify if WENN is back on the air again, and if so, what programming the station is airing? Before the station went silent a few months ago, 1320 was relaying the programming from WAGG.

The $64,000 question is, "Why"?

Not that many of the AM signals are that great, but 1320 may be the worst of all of them. Unless it's paired with an FM translator (are there any open channels left in Birmingham?) or an HD subchannel, putting the station back on the air would be a waste of money.

The $64,000 question is, "Why"?

Not that many of the AM signals are that great, but 1320 may be the worst of all of them. Unless it's paired with an FM translator (are there any open channels left in Birmingham?) or an HD subchannel, putting the station back on the air would be a waste of money.
Years ago, WENN rebroadcast over the 100.1 W261BX and 107.3 W297BF translators at different times. 100.1 is currently being used to rebroadcast WBPT HD2 and 107.3 rebroadcasts BMR's WPYA HD2. I don't know where another translator could be rammed in the FM band. Maybe WENN could be relayed on an HD2 channel since Summit Media has WAGG broadcast on WBHJ HD2 with no accompanying translator. Of course WBHJ HD2 was previously the originating station for 100.1, which again has been repurposed.

But yeah, WENN has one of the weakest AM signals in Bham. IMO, the only AM with a worse signal would be 1450 WZGX. As a standalone AM, WENN isn't going to fare too well.

Last edited:
Years ago, WENN rebroadcast over the 100.1 W261BX and 107.3 W297BF translators at different times. 100.1 is currently being used to rebroadcast WBPT HD2 and 107.3 rebroadcasts BMR's WPYA HD2. I don't know where another translator could be rammed in the FM band. Maybe WENN could be relayed on an HD2 channel since Summit Media has WAGG broadcast on WBHJ HD2 with no accompanying translator. Of course WBHJ HD2 was previously the originating station for 100.1, which again has been repurposed.

But yeah, WENN has one of the weakest AM signals in Bham. IMO, the only AM with a worse signal would be 1450 WZGX. As a standalone AM, WENN isn't going to fare too well.

its not a standalone since its owned by summit......

its not a standalone since its owned by summit......
Yes. I meant it's a standalone as far as broadcasting by itself (without an FM or HD channel).

Back
Top Bottom