• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Retro Dial: Sioux City, September 1979

from Sioux City Journal via Newspapers.com
* High school football is carried by many stations

AM Dial
570 WNAX (modern country/sports/farm/religious; Twins baseball/SDSU sports) CBS
620 KMNS (AC; Briar Cliff College basketball) Mutual
1360 KSCJ (music/news; Royals baseball) ABC Information
1470 KWSL (AC; Morningside College sports) ABC

FM Dial
90.3 KWIT (classical/news/public affairs) NPR/IRN
95.5 KBCM (modern country; Notre Dame football) APR
97.9 KSEZ (rock) ABC-FM
99.5 KZZL (beautiful music) UPI/IRN
103.3 KTFC (religious) Gospel

I always thought KTFC was a newer station that launched in the 90s. But now I realize I was likely confusing it with KTFG Spencer instead.
No, it had been around for several years by that point. I was interviewing for a job at KWIT around that time (I think it was in August), and also got a tour of the KWIT transmitter site which, if I recall correctly, was owned by KZZL out of Le Mars and also used by KTFC. On our way out, we took a little detour past a farmhouse where, I was told, the KTFC studios were!

Reminds me of a station in north central Iowa I worked at in college…KIFG Iowa Falls. It was in an old century home in Iowa Falls. First day I walked in I went into a kitchen and walked through to a living room where the studio was set up.

A few months later we moved into new studios at the Times Citizen once it was sold. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom