• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Regular Guys Audio From Good Old Days?

U

Unregistered

There used to be a site a long time ago...

regularguys.libsyn.com

I contributed many of the audio clips to Larry and Eric but I am sad to say I have lost them. Does anyone have them like SSS interviewing JT and some of the FU line...again the good old days!

I have searched the web, Usenet, Torrents, and so on and can not find them. I have some Yukko the Clown and other misc bits if anyone is interested.

If I am out of place for asking for this I am sorry. I was just a fan in RG v1 and v2 and v3 (I think?) and would love to relive those days.

Glad you asked! I went on a jag of recording a bunch of shows between 2001-2003, in addition to one I already had from 1998 - the debut show (45 minutes)! When there was a Regular Guys newsgroup created by the Los Angeles fans I asked if anyone had any material, and exactly one fan responded with a 45 minute MP3 of a "best of" where Malibu Dan was leaving for a TV job. Then I found a British guy who had taped about an hour of WKLS in 1998 when he was visiting the U.S. I probably have about 20 in all, including Steve meeting Travolta.

I was thinking of creating a Soundcloud page of clips (in fact, I already have, just haven't uploaded anything), but then wondered if I shouldn't give Larry dibs on adding an archive page to the Regular Guys site before I did anything. However, since you point out you already sent them stuff eons ago, and there did used to be a Libsyn page that's disappeared, it makes me think maybe they wouldn't bother doing something like that and I should go ahead.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom