• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Recording iPhone Conversations

Anybody know of a good, ideally free, app for the iPhone 3G that would allow you to record your phone conversations? There should be some way to get the audio off the phone and into a home PC.

I have a DJ who wants to be able to record interviews over her iPhone and doesn't have any professional equipment... and the people on the other end don't have the capability to do Skype or anything similar.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have to offer!

Nope. This is a privacy issue. You will not find any apps on iPhone or Android that officially do this.

Possibly, if you jailbreak. Look through the Cydia store. I think I looked for something to do this once and could not find anything.

Now, you could probably get a dock connector/earpiece/mic combo that you could throw into Audition.

You are going to come up dry, if he wants to just record a call while he is talking on the phone in a regular fashion.

I thought I read about an app some time ago in Radio World (or maybe Radio Guide) along the lines of what you're looking for. I didn't pay much mind since I didn't have an iPhone.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom