• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rays VS Red Sox

R

rapking

680 ( Local ) or 890 ( ESPN National ) who is doing the better job covering the series ? I was listening to 890 last night, so I didnt get to see "The Steve Harvey Show" on TBS ( LOL ).

Several times this past week while driving home from work, I listened to Joe C and Dale Arnold calling the games. (I've not heard ESPN). While I rarely listen to the Sox on radio, I've never had a problem with Joe. My problem with Dale is that he is very wordy. He never seems to shut up. He's ALWAYS talking. And when he does talk, he "over-talks".

Why can't he merely say something such as "Jason Bay is coming to the plate"? Instead, he has to say something like "The right handed hitting, 200 pound, California-born, french fry eating, 2 for 3 tonight, Jason Bay is coming to the plate". Know what I mean? Do we really need to hear that "Coco Crisp is digging in, adjusting his helmet, waiting for the pitch". Instead, just shut up for 10 seconds and let us enjoy the 'radio ambiance' of the game. I think I can figure out for myself that Coco (or any player) is walking to the plate, waiting for the pitch, and doing any of the idiosyncracies that nearly every player has these days.

There are some news reports about the TBS tech problems, and the uproar in some of the bars where people gathered to watch the game.

The best line in the story was the last!

Technical Difficulty Delays Sox Telecast

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17754015/detail.html

"People were in a little uproar because they thought we didn't put the game on. They were just screaming at us to put it on and try all the other stations — Fox, TNT," Fusco said.

Finally, Fusco said the staff had to use a PA system to explain the technical problems to the capacity crowd of 700.

Some customers yelled for them to at least put the game on the radio, but the bar didn't have one.

Are radio's becoming scarce?

Finally, Fusco said the staff had to use a PA system to explain the technical problems to the capacity crowd of 700.
Some customers yelled for them to at least put the game on the radio, but the bar didn't have one.

And you're telling me that nobody thought to run over to the CVS across from Marsh Chapel, buy a cheapass clock radio, run back, tune it to 850AM, and stick the PA mic up against the clock radio speaker? Or, alternatively, I'll bet SOMEONE in the crowd had a Sprint cellphone that had the MLB webcast package. Or hell, call up a friend with a radio, put the phone next to the speaker, and put the other phone by the PA speaker's microphone.

There were ways of making of work, people! Shame on the Cask for a lack of imagination!

Waitaminute...doesn't the Cask have an ISDN line or something in it? I thought it had some hardline for radio or TV because there's so many broadcasts from it. They have that and NOT a lousy radio?

Hmph...I bet they'll have a radio handy for tonight's game!

aaronread said:
And you're telling me that nobody thought to run over to the CVS across from Marsh Chapel, buy a cheapass clock radio, run back, tune it to 850AM, and stick the PA mic up against the clock radio speaker?

So they could hear BC Football instead? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Yeah! Sox take early lead in the top of the 1st on a Dustin Pedroia homerun. Rays are toast. They are going down!

This team had way to many inj's and personalproblems to win this year. Had just a few things been different, they would have taken the Div. The Cow Bells are aggressive and don't know enough to be concerned about their new lofty status.

The nyy will likely gorge themselves in UFA and the RS I think will make some changes. While I might be rooting for the PP's (I remember Tampa throwing at Youk, among others) I have to pick the CowBells.

Blackroc said:
This team had way to many inj's and personalproblems to win this year. Had just a few things been different, they would have taken the Div. The Cow Bells are aggressive and don't know enough to be concerned about their new lofty status.

The nyy will likely gorge themselves in UFA and the RS I think will make some changes. While I might be rooting for the PP's (I remember Tampa throwing at Youk, among others) I have to pick the CowBells.

Was Christopher Walken there in St. Pete? "I gotta have more cowbell" :)
You guys have had your run, though I'd have loved to see you lose to the Phils.

LouBertoni said:
There are some news reports about the TBS tech problems, and the uproar in some of the bars where people gathered to watch the game.

The best line in the story was the last!

Technical Difficulty Delays Sox Telecast

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17754015/detail.html

"People were in a little uproar because they thought we didn't put the game on. They were just screaming at us to put it on and try all the other stations — Fox, TNT," Fusco said.

Are radio's becoming scarce?
The bars know that The Boston radio dial S-cks !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom