• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio One Dallas searching for an OM/PD

bucwhyl

Banned
According to All Access, "Candy" has made an exit.

Well Buc get your resume together and make a difference!!!!!!

Salem, if it was left up to me, Darrell Johnson would be back at the controls.

You still should apply, if you really want the gig. You know more about the music on 97.9 than I do, so I'm out.

Not anymore Salem. I've graduated into the urban ac group.

I see. Well you can dream by putting Gospel on 94.5 and moving the Old School to 97.9!!!! C'mon Buc, you can do it, think positive!!!!!!!!!!!

You're the radio vet Salem. Make it happen my friend.

Well Salem, looks like Mark McCray is the next man in charge at Radio One Dallas.

bucwhyl said:
Well Salem, looks like Mark McCray is the next man in charge at Radio One Dallas.

Yeah I saw that. Good luck. Maybe Radio One is trying to get the value up for KSOC/KBFB.

It can't get any worse than what Candy made it.

So, does anyone know much about his management style? What does it mean for the Radio One stations? Any possibility of major on air changes?

I heard that Rickey Smiley is not doing so well here and Mark McCray was the morning guy as well as PD at X102.3, so I could see that change being made. After all, it would be local.

bucwhyl said:
I heard that Rickey Smiley is not doing so well here and Mark McCray was the morning guy as well as PD at X102.3, so I could see that change being made. After all, it would be local.

Well. I've been listening to Skip Murphy and Co. online and they haven't missed a beat. Not sure if 97.9 is a good fit for them, but I'd venture a guess and say they would draw higher ratings than RSMS, maybe even K104.

Moving to Atlanta may have been a good move for RSMS on the whole, but locally in DFW it was not.
DFW is strange in that listeners strongly prefer local programming over syndication. I wonder if we're the only top 5 market with that preference...

bucwhyl said:

McCray worked in DFW before at K-104 and briefly on KRNB when they first signed on the air. He later moved to Austin and did mornings at Rhythmic KQBT 104.3 The Beat.

I have a feeling that he'll eventually be the morning man at 97.9.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom