• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Eats Seed Corn

Having lived in Dallas for many years I follow the Dallas/Fort Worth message board. Last week KLUV fired John Summers who did afternoons while KRLD fired news anchor/meteorologist Brad Barton after 31 years. Brad made KRLD the go-to station when bad weather threatened the DFW area. With cuts to the bone like that why would anyone venture into radio?

Towns like Rapid City are the typical places where new talent makes their misakes and moves up the food chain. But Rapid City and many other small markets use a lot of automation and syndication. So really, what's available in small towns would allow people to learn the ropes? But more so, are newbies thinking, "Gee, I can't wait to be a board op?" Or "I can't wait to voicetrack six smaller markets while voicetracking afternoons in Dallas?"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom