• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Questions about "keyguard" hard plastic keyboard overlay w/ holes

D

daveandrews

1) Does anyone know where I can purchase a keyguard besides having to order it off the web and wait several weeks? What kind of a store should I visit?

and

2) Why are these things so bleepin' EXPENSIVE? It's just a plastic piece with holes for people with motor skill problems. They can't *ALL* be custom-made!

http://www.keytools.com/accessories/keyguard_usb.asp

You'll see the typical price on the web at that link.

<font color = brown>1) Does anyone know where I can purchase a keyguard besides having to order it off the web and wait several weeks? What kind of a store should I visit? and 2) Why are these things so bleepin' EXPENSIVE? It's just a plastic piece with holes for people with motor skill problems. They can't *ALL* be custom-made!"<font color=black>

I searched "keyguard" and didn't realize right away that many of my choices were the dust-protectors made by Fellowes and sold for about twenty bucks. I realize now that the keyguard you are looking for are the acryllic ones for, as you said, people with motor skill problems. They may be so expensive (and you are not exaggerating. 94 bucks!?) because Viziflex has a patent. I saw no other brands. Or maybe "Keyguard" is just the name they use. I was unable to find a generic name for that item. That's a tough one.<P ID="signature">______________
"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague." - Oscar Wilde</P>

> I searched "keyguard" and didn't realize right away that
> many of my choices were the dust-protectors made by Fellowes
> and sold for about twenty bucks.

Try searching for "key guard" (using the quotes). Key guard can
mean a lot of things in a lot of contexts, so be patient.

73s from 954<P ID="signature">______________
See WJNA and WFTL</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom