• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question about the Four Corners radio market?

I was wondering if you can get radio stations from all 4 states in each state meaning can you get Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico radio stations in Utah and so forth for the other states?

When the weather warms back up, maybe I'll drive down there and see (hear?). ;D

I suspect you can get a few...isn't that spot a fairly high altitude, too? If so, TV and FM might be do-able. And, the Hams probably know it for VHF-to-microwave frequencies.

To warm up go down there! St George is generally 20 deg warmer than SLC in the winter.
Noticed that the Las Vegas FM's came in OK down there.

kenglish said:
When the weather warms back up, maybe I'll drive down there and see (hear?). ;D

I suspect you can get a few...isn't that spot a fairly high altitude, too? If so, TV and FM might be do-able. And, the Hams probably know it for VHF-to-microwave frequencies.

There's not much TV or FM coming from Arizona in that area, but you still might get stations from all 4 states in portions of each of the states (if that makes sense). AZ will be the challenge, IMO.

Most FM signals come from New Mexico (Farmington/Aztec) or Colorado (Cortez/Durango and even Grand Junction), but there are a couple of Utah FMs that you should be able to pull in. Arizona is tougher, can't recall getting much from there on FM but it's been a few years. Perhaps you can pick up KFXR 107.3 from Chinle, AZ - that seems to be about it. Intrerestingly enough, there was an oldies station from Gallup, NM relayed from a translator in Blanding the last time I was there.

OTA TV consists of Farmington/Durango market signals w/ translators in CO, NM and AZ and translators of Salt Lake TV on the Utah side.

As for the weather, it can be pretty cold there on the Colorado plateau where the four corners are. It's at a significantly higher altitude than St. George or Vegas are and thus has a harsher climate. Not where I'd go looking for warm weather or golf during this time of year!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom