• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question about Debut Broadcasting

Hey all -

I noticed on Debut Broadcasting's website that they own or control mostly Mississippi radio stations:

http://www.debutbroadcasting.com/radio.php

There is one exception, however, in that Debut also runs WNBV-FM in Grundy, Virginia, a noncommercial educational station. Does anyone out there know why Debut would have control over a non-comm 600 miles away from their core markets?

--- Casual Observer

Interesting, because unless FCC R&Rs have changed, the owner of a commercial license may not own a non-commercial license. Of course, the operative word here is "control."

I know they didn't sale WNLA. Just looked and the Greenville stations have not been transferred yet.

Here is the list
5370 DEBUT BROADCASTING MISSISSIPPI, INC. LICEN WBBV FM VICKSBURG MS
25229 DEBUT BROADCASTING MISSISSIPPI, INC. LICEN WLTM FM GREENVILLE MS
59962 DEBUT BROADCASTING MISSISSIPPI, INC. LICEN WNLA-FM FM INDIANOLA MS
59971 DEBUT BROADCASTING MISSISSIPPI, INC. LICEN WNLA AM INDIANOLA MS
66328 DEBUT BROADCASTING MISSISSIPPI, INC. LICEN WNIX AM GREENVILLE MS
66330 DEBUT BROADCASTING MISSISSIPPI, INC. LICEN WIQQ FM LELAND MS.

KLSM-FM now shows HOLLADAY BROADCASTING OF LOUISIANA, LLC

Doeas this mean that Larry Fuss is not the owner of the Greenville stations? As far as I know he is operating these stations as part of his stable of stations? Is this an LMA or something?

Larry Fuss pops in ever so often so I am sure he can clear up the questions. I would have to assume there it's an LMA situation right now.

Media Mogul said:
As I remember it was going to be an LMA converting into a purchase at a later date.
Correct. LMA still in place in Greenville leading to eventual purchase. AFAIK, Debut LMAs the Lousinana station from Holladay. Regarding Grundy, I know of several commercial operations that also have NCE stations, although not the same corporation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom