• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Que Buena 106.3 WPFT-FM

WPFT-FM has once again flipped formats. This time as regional mexican with terrible audio quality. It also seems to be targeting Knoxville based on the domain. Weird choice considering it barely listenable there. When did this move happen? Quebeunaknox.com

Yeah, targeting Knoxville with that signal really is a stretch! I remember when they signed on as 106.3 The Mountain with their first oldies format, I could drive around Knoxville and hear a listenable signal even on the west side. But shortly after that, 106.1 Oliver Springs signed on, and 106.3 became unlistenable.

This station may have some of the worst audio i've heard in a while. I've heard am stations that sound better. I can't imagine it is getting many listeners in this current state.

I heard the Spanish and thought maybe it was a Sunday morning thing, but I noted them on a weekday afternoon. This facility has tried everything short of 24/7 Milton Crabapple so why not? I don't know how many Spanish speakers are in the coverage area, so we'll see. There is really no listenable signal in Knoxville. Knoxville has Lenoir City rimshot WKZX "La Lider" on 93.5 with an adequate signal except for some interference from WAXM in Big Stone Gap, VA (WAXM dominates in Sevier Co). WKZX is active on the air and in the community, we'll see what the new WPFT does.

The bad audio pre-dates the Spanish format.

Yeah, I think it’s a lost cause trying to reach Knoxville with that signal. Maybe they are trying to cover the eastern cities that WKZX doesn’t reach, such as Dandridge, Jefferson City, White Pine, and Morristown. I believe there is some Hispanic population there. Whether it’s enough to make a difference, I don’t know. I do remember that 94.1 in Morristown was some type of Spanish language format before it became K-Love.

Yeah, I think it’s a lost cause trying to reach Knoxville with that signal. Maybe they are trying to cover the eastern cities that WKZX doesn’t reach, such as Dandridge, Jefferson City, White Pine, and Morristown. I believe there is some Hispanic population there. Whether it’s enough to make a difference, I don’t know. I do remember that 94.1 in Morristown was some type of Spanish language format before it became K-Love.
I remember 106.3 trying to be "Knoxville's ESPN". Uhhh.....no

Back
Top Bottom