• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q105/Saturday night dance party

Listening to the Q105 saturday night dance party last night; heard a promo that said 'Saturday night Dance party with Scott Walker.......about 10 minutes later, 'an old favorite returns, the Saturday night dance party with Jack Miller.....

which is it? someone asleep at the wheel over there? it was clearly walker when i actually heard a jock. Why is jack miller not hosting anymore. He made the show what it is.....

Listening to the Saturday night dance party again tonight.....the host is Scott Walker but most of the promos say 'The Saturday Night Dance Party with Jack Miller.'

guess nobody pays attention to the once mighty Q105 anymore.

Does anyone in Olrando, Jax or Miami run a show like this? I know Mix 105.1 in Orlando used to have "Friday night 80's", great show.

Bring back Jack! Walker is way too 'stiff', doesn't interact with 'live' people, and throws in music that doesn't fit for a Saturday Night DANCE Party. And yes, MusicMan, it seems no one pays attention except us listeners.

Btw Vader, Mix 105.1 still has the Friday Night @ the 80's and it's very good. Sunny has their own Dance Party on Saturday with the same guy who hosts the Friday night Mix show. Sorry, can't think of his name at the moment.

Loving the top 1,000 countdown - the music anyways - the ranking of the songs is peculiar. Sugar Shack ranked higher than Aerosmith's Dream on??

WTF?

That said, the saturday night dance party with scott walker sucks out loud. Jack Miller owned that show and was great at it.

It's a shame when egomaniacal PDs want to hear their voice more than any other people on the station.

MusicMan11 said:
...guess nobody pays attention to the once mighty Q105 anymore.

The PPM's prove otherwise...

Coupla things. Peculiar? Q105's Top 1000 was based on sales data from Billboard Magazine. They said that in the station promos. Who's not paying attention, MusicMan11?

If Jack Miller still did Sat night, he'd be working 7 days a week.

I did hear the Billboard reference but i also hear 101.5 the point and 107.3 the Eagle calling themselves NEW even though they've been around five years. Just because they say it doesn't make it true.

Jack Miller sounded much better on the Saturday night DP, that's all i am saying.

Works 7 every night? voicetracks every night maybe. He was live on the DP, doubt walker is, just like his lame 'Big chill Grill.' Walker is on the air every day.

MusicMan11 said:
I did hear the Billboard reference but i also hear 101.5 the point and 107.3 the Eagle calling themselves NEW even though they've been around five years. Just because they say it doesn't make it true.

Jack Miller sounded much better on the Saturday night DP, that's all i am saying.

Works 7 every night? voicetracks every night maybe. He was live on the DP, doubt walker is, just like his lame 'Big chill Grill.' Walker is on the air every day.

In the race to the bottom, voice tracking is better than nobody

MusicMan11 said:
... i also hear 101.5 the point and 107.3 the Eagle calling themselves NEW even though they've been around five years. Just because they say it doesn't make it true.

That's just Cox SOP.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom