• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Prices for HD receivers are coming down! Well...at least for the Boston Acoustics receiver...

Re: Prices for HD receivers are coming down! Well...at least for the Boston Acoustics receiver...

I think I'll get one when they come down to 99 ;)
around here only a few of them have HD, and none are splitted yet.
<P ID="signature">______________
jras20</P>

Re: Prices for HD receivers are coming down! Well...at least for the Boston Acoustics receiver...

> This article says it all! :)
>
> From $500 to $300...nice drop. It almost seems priced to
> compete with Radiosophy's soon-to-be-released HD unit.
>

Interestingly, if you look at the Receptor vs. the Receptor-HD, those two upper case letters (plus a second speaker) added $350 to the ticket and will still add $150 after the reduction.

Has anyone A/B'd the Receptor-HD and the Radiosophy together, even at a store?
What are the pros and cons of each?
How do they compare?
Boston Acoustics have or has been around for a while. Why is the Radiosophy unit the only product on the Radiosophy web site?

I just got an Email from Radiosophy sales stating that a mobile mount is not planned.<P ID="signature">______________
Proud 2 B a pioneering satellite radio subs¢riber
Ai4i is always on the trailing edge of technology
_______________</P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by ai4i on 02/01/06 01:08 AM.</FONT></P>

> around here only a few of them have HD, and none are
> splitted yet.
>

Them? Splitted?
Does you mean "they" are "splatt" with two T's?<P ID="signature">______________
_______________</P>

> Interestingly, if you look at the Receptor vs. the
> Receptor-HD, those two upper case letters (plus a second
> speaker) added $350 to the ticket and will still add $150
> after the reduction.
>
> Has anyone A/B'd the Receptor-HD and the Radiosophy
> together, even at a store?
> What are the pros and cons of each?
> How do they compare?
> Boston Acoustics have or has been around for a while. Why is
> the Radiosophy unit the only product on the Radiosophy web
> site?

I believe Radiosophy was founded just to sell HD Radio receivers. Their executive staff consists mainly of ex-Gateway computer employees (which would make sense, since they're headquartered in the Sioux City area). They're currently using the former Gateway model of selling direct to the consumer, and not stocking them in stores just yet. The selling points of the Radiosophy is its portability and having a digital optical out for hooking up to high-end receivers (something which the Boston doesn't have).

As for the Boston, the mono analog Recepter is a nice unit, so based on that, the HD shouldn't be a disappointment given its added speaker and now lower price point (it's now $50 less than a Bose Wave radio without a CD player).

Now, would Henry Kloss, who was all about analog, be rolling in his grave if Tivoli were to enter the HD arena?

> > around here only a few of them have HD, and none are
> > splitted yet.
> >
>
> Them? Splitted?
> Does you mean "they" are "splatt" with two T's?
>
Yeah theres none here yet.
<P ID="signature">______________
jras20</P>

> > > around here only a few of them have HD, and none are
> > > splitted yet.
> > >
> >
> > Them? Splitted?
> > Does you mean "they" are "splatt" with two T's?
> >
> Yeah theres none here yet.
>

Are you saying there are no T's by you, yet?<P ID="signature">______________
_______________</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom