• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Picked up Y94 today near New Orleans!

I was driving on the bridge that spans over Lake Ponchartrain and I managed to hear an ad for Kia of Fargo on 93.7. It’s all I was able to pick up, but that’s incredible! It’s the first time I’ve ever heard a radio station in the Dakotas on a terrestrial radio.

I also heard Y94 KOYY yesterday, normally WMJY is what I get in south Mississippi. There were a few others before the skip ended, such as 91.9 KDSU Prairie Public, 91.5 KQMN Thief River Falls, MN MPR Classical, and a station from Minnesota on 92.1.

I had the opposite happen a few years ago. I was driving out to my aunt's farm on a weekend afternoon in southwest North Dakota and listened to flood coverage on an FM station from Louisiana for at least 15 minutes if not longer. Forgot to write down the station so I don't remember which frequency or exactly which town it was from.

Y94 just flipped to Xmas music. Maybe a format change coming?
Just checked and they're on their usual programming. That being said....I wouldn't mind a format change, haha.

Apologies for double-posting. Any chance you're thinking of Y93 in Bismarck?

(BTW, the branding for Y94 is a bit confusing seeing that it's on 93.7....and Y93 is on 92.9)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom