• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Passing noted: Walker Edmiston...actor, cartoon voice and kids' show host

Thanks for posting that link, Cranky Yankee. I hadn't thought about Edmiston for years, but having grown up in LA in the 50s and 60s, I remember him fondly. His KTLA show was great - far superior to the more popular Paul Winchell shows, in my opinion. I also recall that he did many cartoon voices, but I hadn't realized he was as versatile as he was - doing "fill-in" voice work for Orson Welles and Mel Brooks. My father was an animated cartoonist, and liked to hang-out at the sessions when the voice-actors were recording. Some of the best stories he brought home were about the sessions and the long 3 (or more) Martini lunches with Daws Butler, William Conrad, Paul Frees, and others. I can't recall if he worked with Walker. RIP.

CrankyYankee said:
The following link is to the blog of Mark Evanier who wrote about this talented gentleman.

http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2007_02_22.html#012979

I'm embarrassed to say this but I thought he had already passed away. I used to enjoy his show immensely. An incredible talent. It was Mr. Edmiston, Skipper Frank and Tom Hatton on KTLA in the afternoons. Then on to Engineer Bill on KHJ-TV (whom I met and, as far as I know, is still living). And finally Chuck Jones the Magicman and Beachcomer Bill on KCOP (because they were in color).

It was all live and it was great!

db

L.A. Times obit of Walker Edmiston...actor, cartoon voice and kids' show host

Edmiston, who voiced Ernie the Keebler Elf in recent years, died of complications from cancer
Feb. 15 at his Woodland Hills home, said his daughter, Erin Edmiston.

Early during his nearly six-decade acting career, Edmiston became the replacement voice for Walter Lantz's animated character Wally Walrus, and for a time he did incidental voices and puppetry on the award-winning "Time for Beany" children's show in the early 1950s.

Edmiston also hosted his own children's program — "The Walker Edmiston Show" — on local channels in the 1950s and early '60s. The afternoon show featured puppets that Edmiston designed and made, Kingsley the Lion, Calli the Cat and Ravenswood the Buzzard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more about this talented gentleman at the following link...free registration may be asked.

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituar...ry?coll=la-news-obituaries&ctrack=1&cset=true

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom