• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

OMG an uptempo song with a different beat pattern!!

You call that Dance music???
That was pure Gar-bage!

Please keep this Rebecca Black type of BS off this board, unless it's meant as a joke.

Remember what we talked about KDM about some people having a problem with us on this board... That post is worth 1,000 words.

Anyway,, I thought it was a cute little girl,,, the rapping flowed pretty good... However its not something I would seek out to listen to again.. Its ok for a radio disney station,, but I thought it was poorly produced and the lyrical content was not good. Overall I didnt personally like the video or song,, but at least im not being rude about it. 8)

BTW K never said it was Dance Music,, he said it was uptempo Now back to listening to SLAM FM

THE PROBLEM:

The problem I see with this whole video is:
You can tell they were all TRYING to be funny, unlike the Rebecca Black production where it seemed like there were some members of that entire project who weren't fully aware of how dumb it really was;

Not only were they trying to be funny with this whole video project, but they also put too much work into the overall sound and production of the song itself that the production sound actually came out somewhat decent. Therefore, it became more of a waste of a rather good instrumental production with potentially talented young acts instead of a joke. They even put too much work into making the rap flows actually sound better than much of what is taking place in the hip hop community today. I bet the whole planning of the (dumb) lyrical production was based purely around making the video visually look as dumb as possible, and I also bet that it would've never been done if YouTube, Hulu...etc never existed. In other words, the main focus behind the entire production was a silly video.

I see all the negative comments on YouTube 96 "Where Haters Live", but the funny thing about it is that both of those girls have talent and actually do have other good acoustic and other types of live performance material out. However, it seems as if they are accidentally finding more fame through intentionally mocking the dumbing down of modern pop music.

Lastly, the only people who would see this as "something dissing / hurting dance music" are the dance fanatics. Everyone else just sees it as a disgrace against pop, plain and simple. This in no way hurts dance, and even non dance fanatics who might accidentally roam through here and see this in the dance section wont automatically associate it with dance just because this is where they found it (and besides, once the link takes them to YouTube and away from these boards - AND they see the content the link will direct them to, they will immediately forget that they were ever in any particular section of these boards ;))

WHAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT IN THIS?
To point out, once again, that there are different styles of uptempo beat styles people could use instead of always trying to contribute to the "sea of sameness" and all using the exact same beat pattern. Oh, and lastly, If it were Lucas Prata or Ian Van Dahl singing on the beat, I bet the whole production would've AUTOMATICALLY BEEN CONVERTED to dance music in most of the minds reading this, the same way the original version of Kylie's "red blooded woman" was somehow automatically accepted - because Kylie sang on it. The same way an artists vocals doesn't automatically transform a genre, dumb lyrics don't automatically transform the quality of an instrumental production. The instrumental didn't suddenly or magically become any worse than it was before the dumb lyrics were laid on it. ... Anyway, I'm glad I chose the video I did here because it captured people's attention and created a little controversy, which in return captured even more people's attention, and this all conveniently contributed to helping me successfully make my point here.  ;) I did my "work" and got what I wanted out of it. Therefore, I'm content.  :)

CHRles said:
You call that Dance music???
That was pure Gar-bage!

Please keep this Rebecca Black type of BS off this board, unless it's meant as a joke.

Mid West Clubber said:
Remember what we talked about KDM about some people having a problem with us on this board... That post is worth 1,000 words.

I still cannot say 100% that this fully proves that an actual problem exists, because after all, most would say that his response was a very appropriate emotional response towards the type of material I presented.

Remember my full day anti music movement / music boycott on facebook the day I discovered Rebecca Black?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom