• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Oldies Radio Usa

Barry45RPM said:
1958 thru 1978 IS Oldies (now)

I beg to differ. I spent the better part of my 30-year career on oldies stations. When I left, the format had shifted to 1964-Beatles era to 1980 with an emphasis on '70s hits. We had pretty much eliminated '50s tunes about five years ago.

Scott said:
Barry45RPM said:
1958 thru 1978 IS Oldies (now)

I beg to differ. I spent the better part of my 30-year career on oldies stations. When I left, the format had shifted to 1964-Beatles era to 1980 with an emphasis on '70s hits. We had pretty much eliminated '50s tunes about five years ago.

True that most oldies stations have pretty much eliminated the 50's, but my stream still plays them on the "Retro Weekends" where I drop the 80's and rotate the 50's in their place. Once I get my new automation installed with more than 13,000 titles ranging from 1954 through 1979 I plan on treating the workday crowd to some of the better 50's tunes during the week.

Bill
CapitalRadio.us

Once I get my new automation installed with more than 13,000 titles ranging from 1954 through 1979 I plan on treating the workday crowd to some of the better 50's tunes during the week.

Bill

Just wondering......................................how will you determine which tunes are "some of the better '50s tunes"?

TheFonz said:
Bill

Just wondering......................................how will you determine which tunes are "some of the better '50s tunes"?

Pretty much by tests I've already conducted at the cruise nights and dj dances I've done in the area. While there are songs that the core diehard oldies fans love, there are also songs that seem to be well received by the younger set. While I'll admit my tests are limited in scope to the certain venues I have available, I feel it will be a good starting point. My listeners are pretty vocal about things they like, would like to hear more of and certian songs they "tolerate" but could live without.

Bill
CapitalRadio.us

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom