• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Oldies bites the dust...AGAIN!!!

When you have only two companies controlling the market, (Clear Channel and Cumulus) the equation equals STUPID.
None of this makes any programming sense. A great oldies station is needed badly in the ATL radio market. Thank God
for Sirius XM. At least they are dependable for leaving formats alone and not jumping all around the musical spectrum.
106.7 was a great country station for so many years. Maybe that is what should be on the air on 106.7 once again.
They are way down in the numbers. Seems to me it would be hard to sell the so called "all news" format with such low
numbers. Then you have the two dumber than dumb talk shows on from 9 til Noon and from Noon to 3....Like the old
song goes, "something's gotta give".

There's still WKEU 88.9 if you live in a sweet spot. They carry the same oldies package that was last on 98.9. You'll probably need an external antenna. That frequency is also shared by a religious FM in Athens who is barely on the air. Reception in an automobile is good during morning drive but falls apart toward midday.

I believe 98.9 in Atlanta is now Nash Icons.

The Kimmer and Michael Graham are signed through next year - they've said so on their shows. I don't see Cumulus ponying up settlement costs to flip 106.7 this far from contract expiration.
Well, someone needs to tell Kimmer that. Everytime I listen, there is a comment about the guy from San Diego or another snide remark about not being around for long.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom